• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Map Section - Reupload

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
I know the rules: You may not delete and reupload maps etc. Nor may you just reupload a map to get a new rating blablabla.

However, I made a map in the past called Ziggurat Takeover. Map

At the start of this year, I started working on it and kept getting good ideas so I remade the map from scratch.
I took a half year break and I found this map back again and decided to at least make it playable. But even in this alpha version it's different then the first. (And more fun imo.)

They only share the same name, and share the basic concept (be a hero and kill ziggurats). But are in the end, different games. As Ziggurat Takeover 2 has multiple modes, different heroes, different spells. Etc etc.

So now to my question: Is it oke to upload the second as a separate map so that the older version (that gave birth to the improved version) can still be downloaded. Because, aside from the name and concept, they are different.

Level 19
Why you need to upload it as a different map? If you are last map is approved, and you update it with the new map, it will become 1st in the list if this is what bothers you... As you red the rules, you cannot re-upload the same map.. Difference in heroes and spells doesn't make the map different from the last one, since the object is the same.. If the map has a totally new and different concept (gameplay, objectives) than the last one, you can upload the new one as a different map without any problems.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
If you believe they are not the same map I see no problem with uploading as a second map if the names clearly differ.
Like Ziggurat Takeover II.
Using II instead of 2 makes it look different and you can add version numbers after that.

I just want it to be clear when looking at your map list that they are not the same.

Level 17
@ MortAr-
They both center around the same basic idea, you are a hero and you need to kill the Ziggurat that spawns zombies.
However the 'sequal' as I like to call it has options to get different gameplay, and the original mode has been revamped greatly (does not play the same as the first as you get different tactics.)
As a side note, I did not build of the same map. I just took the map back to the drawing board and remade it from scratch.

@ Ralle
That helps Ralle, thanks.

In my opinion the maps are different and play different. I play both my first version and my alpha of the second version.
But to be sure I'll just ask some people and showcase both games and let them look if it's different enough. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.