• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Map Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi need help with the Map screen ... not hte load screen before load :D
because the desingn of my maps isnt cool to see so i need help with that

ThX!!:emote_grin:

Level 3
Regarding Tauren's post:

If it's number 1, then you are referring to a custom minimap preview. A tutorial can be found here: Custom Minimaps
If it's number 2, then you're referring to the screen you see when loading a game. A tutorial can be found here: Custom Loading Screens
If it's number 3, then you are referring to the map image you see during a game. To change this, you must first have an image that 256 pixels by 256 pixels and is in .TGA (TarGA) format. Then import it into your map and change the path to: war3mapMap.tga

I hope this helps.

-Zerpies

Level 6
If it's number 3, then you are referring to the map image you see during a game. To change this, you must first have an image that 256 pixels by 256 pixels and is in .TGA (TarGA) format. Then import it into your map and change the path to: war3mapMap.tga

i don't think it's that easy. if i remember correctly, the file is actually war3mapMap.blp and it's blp-format is somehow different than the usual icons/skins blp files... somebody please correct me if i'm wrong (test your answer first).

btw, he clearly wasn't asking about number 3;

Level 3
If he wasn't asking for number 3, then my apologies, however the file cannot be a .BLP as World Editor Unlimited specifies. If it's in BLP on the minimap image then your custom image will appear but there will be start location dots all over it.

-Zerpentos

Status
Not open for further replies.