• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Map making, Wc3 or CS

Which is harder, SDK or Wc3 world edit?

• SDK (Hammer or w/e)

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Warcraft 3 World Editor

Votes: 7 70.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
CS mapping i abit like modeling, but you got a grid you have to follow. You cant make an object that is 1/2 square big unless you make some sorrt of triangle. You start off by making a box, then you cut it as you wish, but you must cut right through.But it's not purely terrain (i think). Think there are spawn locations, lights and such you must place in or you can't see or do anything whilst playing. I tried to make a CS map once, i personally think the entire program is a mess. Not very smart to list 1000 different textures.

To sum it all up, CS is like 90% esthetical.

Level 27
I diagree too, sorry I accidentally voted for Warcraft as harder, actually I just didn't understood the question... anyway CS needs more work and programming to do something and its all with that damn pathing... and WC3 editor is much simplier, unfortunately even child can use it.

Level 7
As a conclusion, CS is harder, but only because the program used is a piece of shit (exhaggerating a little). But if the CS program were brought to the same level of user-friendlyness, Wc3 would definately be harder, yes?

Level 25
Terrain in Source is a lot harder to do good than in Warcraft III, you also have to think a lot of optimising when making the terrain, something which you don't really have to think about when making maps in Warcraft III.

So I would say it's harder to map for Source, also when it comes to triggers which can be quite hard to get a grasp on as they are all put out on the map and not like in Warcraft III where they all are collected at the Trigger Editor.

Level 3
I'd say CS is harder just because the editor makes is so much more tedious than WorldEdit

Status
Not open for further replies.