• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Map Loading Error - Request Assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I have been working on a footmen-type map for some time, but it suddenly began having problems loading. Specifically, it loads fine in single-player mode, but when I try and create a LAN game, the progress bar gets almost to the end, then slows to a crawl for a few seconds. At that point, Warcraft crashes (specifically, it quits, generating no error message). I am using the basic World Editor to create the map.

Any theories or ideas on what the problem is are appreciated. Suggestions for how to fix it are invaluable.

[Edit: It is worth noting that restoring the map to the state it was in before it started crashing does not solve the problem.]

Level 3
After the last successful test, I added an autodeploy trigger that would order newly spawned units to attack-move to the rally point of the town hall building (if the rally point was a point) or follow the rally point of the town hall building (if the rally point was a unit). Removing that trigger did not prevent the map from crashing during the loading process.

Level 3
I have located the problem. Somehow a self-reference got buried in an initialization script, which then proceeded to call itself repeatedly each time the script iterated - which it was never meant to do in the first place.

Thanks to Rui for his interest in the problem, and thanks to Sherlock Holmes for the problem-solving technique.

Level 9
Blade is right..
at our forum we have a link at wc3campaing's thread where ppl talk about desync problem :\

Some things that may cause desync:
(Eeeh don't remember everything :\ )
custom camera properties
using of a "local player" (<<jass)
using pan cam at 0 seconds (strange ?)
trigger with period 0.05 and lesser (really strange course i use it everywhere and no disconnects....)

Status
Not open for further replies.