• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Map Lags and I dont know why

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I made a map and it laggs badly, well not really laggs but the units respond time is like 5 seconds. But the other units (NPC) move smoothly, so I have no idea why it laggs.

Can anyone help me out.

Thx
Flaming

Level 7
Flaming said:
No its not that cuz I tried it while all periodic triggers where off then the units still delayed with walking

do you mean AI units? because once you have too many units the AI can't properly path everything quickly and will move a few units a certain distance then handle another group of units etc, so units walk a bit, stop, walk, stop...
u see this on tower defence maps that are made bad

afaik you can't fix this

unless you mean something else, its ambiguous what kinda problem ur having

Level 9
if he mean AI units,then listen:
Max AI units: 100
using pick every unit > attack target, this number will be lower by 10-15 %
using guarding constants options (guarding area + time of moving back) will improve this number by 5-10%

Status
Not open for further replies.