• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Map Editor Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently reinstalled my disc copy of Warcraft III and got it patch to 1.27b. my map editor does not even fully boot up for me to accept the EULA or what ever it is on first start up use like it would if you never used it before, it just ctd's nor error no nothing.

I would play reforged but in offline mode with no internet all i see in the menu is Campaign, Versus (greyed out), Local Area Network, Replays, and Collection. No custom game or anything. so the maps i just want to test and use for Screen shots i can't play in reforged cause the cheats codes dont work in offline outside of the campaign.

Can anyone tell me why my warcraft 3 map editor for game version 1.27b would be Crashing to desktop? or is it because of reforged? I dont have reforged currently installed but i hope its not that.

ok so i downloaded the reign of chaos classic installer and no sooner do i click on it, it starts to install reforged. of course it asking me in what drive to install it. so i am guessing if i were to clean up the registry since i did have reforged installed until last sunday, than when i install my disc version and update it to 1.29 the map editor should work?

It sounds like your install failed in some way. Classic should still be installable, but I would use the downloaders from battle.net directly. You can register your CD key and get a personalized installer or use the one found here: Blizzard Entertainment and enter the key yourself.

So i can't use the downloadable version on the blizzard site. this is quoted by an employee when the installer started installing reforged

"There are no separate installers for Warcraft III Classic. When Reforged had launched those were combined with the Reforge installation. And to access Classic, would need to load up Reforged and should be an option to swap to Classic to play accordingly."

so i might have to use the registry to clean it out and than use my cd keys that are registered or get different once from a warcraft III patch site and get all the patches up to 1.29

Status
Not open for further replies.