• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Map Editing Question-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Does anyone know how to do a save/load scoring feature in world editor? I am trying to create a scoring system similar to Dark Deeds 5 and 6, in a Hero Arena-like game, and I am going to make certain heroes only availiable if you have a certain score.

Level 11
o

first off, what do you want, an entire system that records scores? then we'll need a lot more info. if you just want the heroes there are sooo many ways to do that. here's one

make the score, gold or lumber, then have a building with upgrades, to get each hero you must first rsearch the upgrade. so they can spend points on heroes, if it must be free, simply add a trigger that recompensates the player when he researches, but if he cancels, they take that away. :roll:

Level 5
Tauren- I know what I am asking is pretty vague... Im just not quite sure how to word it. THink of it as a simplified Emergency Save/Load program. I will most certaintly go check out WEU... Ive got it, but never really use it. It finally may be able to serve me well :).

Level 5
It is complete!

I have completed a pretty nice save/load scoring system, using EZ Save/Load 3. Instead of heroes, it has an integer-storing feature (any variable with a 1-99 value). It's pretty secure, and I don't think it is too easy to crack. Here is what it consists of:

15 Letter Code: Constiting of uppercase, lowercase, and numerical values, the combinations of codes are all different. Not long enough to tire out fingers, but not short enough to easily crack.

3 Levels of Validation:
- All codes have a small combination that holds the basis of the variable value. This is called "Game Data" in the validation process.
- All codes have a series of in-game code combinations, that make up larger combinations. If any of these smaller combinations are inacurate, the code will be denied. This is called "Code Access". This prevents anyone from typing in random numbers to get validation, even if they have the correct "Game Data".
- In addition, for security reasons, the codes also contains a light user validation function; they have a few characters embedded in them that are unique to a user. This will prevent people from passing codes from one another. This last validation is not fool-proof; but will eliminate about 99% of all code sharing. This is called "Autorization".

I posted this for everyone to see. If you would like to have a copy of this, please either PM me, or Reply to this post. I may eventually (within a few days) upload this for others to use. It does not require WEU, it uses just regular WE.

I believe it is bug-free; I have completed most of the testing. And, unlike a lot of Save/load Codes I have seen, it does not store hero data, but variable data. It only stores one value however- in the future I may make it store more. I hope all of you could benefit from this- I have heard requests for a script like this to be made.

Level 5
The code is pretty much finished; but I have to make a map to put it in, and have to change around all of the symbol combinations- and slightly modify it. I do not want to upload the code as is; although I want to help out the community the reason for the security in the code is so very few people can crack it. If I upload it as is, anyone who downloads it will be able to figure out how to crack mine. I will upload it asap and put a notification on this topic when its out :).

Status
Not open for further replies.