• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Map does not initialize

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I had no problems with my map so far. I created lots of triggers and systems within it. That was until recently, when i pressed Test map button, and none of the trigger worked, not even the most simpliest ones:
  • Events
  • Map initialization
  • Conditions
  • Actions
  • Player Group - Pick every player in (All Players) and (Do actions)
  • Player - Set (Picked Player) current gold to 1000
The action was in the loop, but I don't understand how to make it apear in my post that way....
However not how it apears in my post is my problem.

My problem is that NONE of my triggers work. Even the trigger i wrote above. Why?
Can anybody help me please :D

Level 2
Sorry, but important unique systems are included in the map, and I don't want that my work to be exposed in a public way until the map isn't ready.

Anyway, is there any option in the editor that can cause the map to initialize or not? I mean, could I deactivated in any way the map initialization.
However i don't remember changing any options of the map recently, excepting the water color from the map options.

Any help please?

Level 2
try doing:

Event:
Time .01 of game time expires
Cond.
Actions:
(what u put)

makes less lag, and things that "set" noramally have to be AFTER the game starts, not during the starting

Level 2
Already have this type of trigger in my map. Creating new triggers is not an option.

The all triggers ( indiferent of their events type ), do not work.
Like they are disabled ( but they are not ).

Level 2
When did this happen?You might have imported something or changed something recently that screw your work.Try testing an older version.

I did not import any of my map triggers, if you refer to that. I have some imported objects however, such as models, icons, sounds, but they cannot be the problem.
I already tested an older version. The same thing...

One theory i manage to found is because 1-2 days before the triggers stoped functioning, while the map was saving, it was a power failure.
The thing is that i don't remember if imediatelly after this the triggers stoped functioning.

But if this is the problem, what can i do? There must be some temporary files or somenthing, because the map didn't fully saved.

Level 3
If you have a .w3x or a .w3m file then it has successfully saved because WE makes the map archive after the compiling.

Level 2
Man, of course it is a valid type of format. How else could I opened the map, if it wouldn't been?
You didn't understand what I mean by failing to save. Every time I save the map it overwrites the last version of it. So of course i have a .w3x version.

My theory was that the temporary files overides the map files, or something like that.

Level 3
Nope that will not happen, if you don't believe me then open up WE create a new empty map and halfway saving it crash WE and you will see some lose files and no .w3x modification applied.

Level 2
I tryed to copy-paste the map. If a map bug was involved, it should not apear in the copy ( i tryed this several times, and it worked, i had some problems, but nothing so serious ). But the triggers do not work at the copy as not working at the original one.

Is there a option to set the map cu be custom or melee, or something like that, that will disable all kind of triggers???

Level 6
You mind to copy the trigger as text from the trigger editor and post in gui form here, cause i suspect you might by accident put the give gold command not in the pick every player loop but right down of it. (i cant be sure in the way you posted it now). Also if its allright, what edirtor are yiou using?

Level 15
Man, of course it is a valid type of format. How else could I opened the map, if it wouldn't been?
You didn't understand what I mean by failing to save. Every time I save the map it overwrites the last version of it. So of course i have a .w3x version.

My theory was that the temporary files overides the map files, or something like that.

If you don't want to post your trigger here we can't help,and since you are sure that nothing of the imported things is to blame,i can only suggest you one thing.Reinstall wc3 and the world editor,it might actually fix any problem or anything you have changed...

Level 2
It's hard to help when noone can see at least some of your triggers. Try posting just the triggers that you have problems with.

You really didn't understand a bit of what I was saying.
NONE of the triggers work. None.

I think you should try it like Zanzig said.
some events don't work with map initialization and if this point already has an error every other trigger behind this one wont be loaded and map initialization triggers are at the top of the whole map script.

WE is not the blame for this. Other maps work perfectly.
I have a lot of triggers that do not care about map initialization, like Unit starts the effect of an ability, and other more.

As i wrote before, it's like the map is set up to ignore the triggers. It's like is melee, not custom. Could there be a buton to fix this?

Level 6
In my opinion, all he map initialization triggers, are executed in the same trigger and if one of them is not executed or stucks in infinite loop, then the rest wont be executed also. Try to execute after the teams have been arranged, after 1 second for instance (i think someone else told that to you also).

Level 2
how many global variable arrays are you using? initialize them all to be size 1 (it won't mess you up even though it seems like it might) you'll be able to use all 8000 indexes just the same. I just had this problem a bit ago and someone on here helped me solve it.

Level 2
Well there are a couple of array variables. So they are the problem, because on the last trigger I created 3 more array variables.
So for exemple, if I set all the array to size 1, they can still go until VARIABLE_NAME[8000]?

Later edit:
Unbelievable but TRUE. It worked. The array variable was the cause of the triggers' malfunction. Way to go. Thanks Aramiltaru, and everyone who tryed to help me. Thank you to all of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.