1. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Map does not initialize

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by Necros007, Aug 31, 2009.

1. Necros007

Necros007

Resources:
    Resources:
    I had no problems with my map so far. I created lots of triggers and systems within it. That was until recently, when i pressed Test map button, and none of the trigger worked, not even the most simpliest ones:
    • Events
    • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
    • Player Group - Pick every player in (All Players) and (Do actions)
    • Player - Set (Picked Player) current gold to 1000

The action was in the loop, but I don't understand how to make it apear in my post that way....
    However not how it apears in my post is my problem.

My problem is that NONE of my triggers work. Even the trigger i wrote above. Why?
    Can anybody help me please :D

2. Pharaoh_

Pharaoh_

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Do you mind sending me the map? I'll try to figure out what's wrong.

3. Necros007

Necros007

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sorry, but important unique systems are included in the map, and I don't want that my work to be exposed in a public way until the map isn't ready.

Anyway, is there any option in the editor that can cause the map to initialize or not? I mean, could I deactivated in any way the map initialization.
    However i don't remember changing any options of the map recently, excepting the water color from the map options.

Any help please?

4. Tau Empire

Tau Empire

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    There's only Reinventing the Craft that I could think of if your using JNGP

5. Necros007

Necros007

Resources:
    Resources:
    JNPG? What is that?
    My triggers are fully GUI.

6. Zanzig

Zanzig

Resources:
    Resources:
    try doing:

Event:
    Time .01 of game time expires
    Cond.
    Actions:
    (what u put)

makes less lag, and things that "set" noramally have to be AFTER the game starts, not during the starting

7. Necros007

Necros007

Resources:
    Resources:
    Already have this type of trigger in my map. Creating new triggers is not an option.

The all triggers ( indiferent of their events type ), do not work.
    Like they are disabled ( but they are not ).

8. reason 3

reason 3

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    When did this happen?You might have imported something or changed something recently that screw your work.Try testing an older version.

9. manstie

manstie

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well if you don't post the map, then we can't help you! Maybe just remove those 'such important systems that I most certainly cannot release to the public' then post it.

10. Necros007

Necros007

Resources:
    Resources:
    I did not import any of my map triggers, if you refer to that. I have some imported objects however, such as models, icons, sounds, but they cannot be the problem.
    I already tested an older version. The same thing...

One theory i manage to found is because 1-2 days before the triggers stoped functioning, while the map was saving, it was a power failure.
    The thing is that i don't remember if imediatelly after this the triggers stoped functioning.

But if this is the problem, what can i do? There must be some temporary files or somenthing, because the map didn't fully saved.

11. n00byn4t3r

n00byn4t3r

Resources:
    Resources:
    If you have a .w3x or a .w3m file then it has successfully saved because WE makes the map archive after the compiling.

12. Necros007

Necros007

Resources:
    Resources:
    Man, of course it is a valid type of format. How else could I opened the map, if it wouldn't been?
    You didn't understand what I mean by failing to save. Every time I save the map it overwrites the last version of it. So of course i have a .w3x version.

My theory was that the temporary files overides the map files, or something like that.

13. n00byn4t3r

n00byn4t3r

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nope that will not happen, if you don't believe me then open up WE create a new empty map and halfway saving it crash WE and you will see some lose files and no .w3x modification applied.

14. Necros007

Necros007

Resources:
    Resources:
    I tryed to copy-paste the map. If a map bug was involved, it should not apear in the copy ( i tryed this several times, and it worked, i had some problems, but nothing so serious ). But the triggers do not work at the copy as not working at the original one.

Is there a option to set the map cu be custom or melee, or something like that, that will disable all kind of triggers???

15. Arnadath

Arnadath

Resources:
    Resources:
    You mind to copy the trigger as text from the trigger editor and post in gui form here, cause i suspect you might by accident put the give gold command not in the pick every player loop but right down of it. (i cant be sure in the way you posted it now). Also if its allright, what edirtor are yiou using?

16. NoobMapmaker

NoobMapmaker

Resources:
    Resources:
    It's hard to help when noone can see at least some of your triggers. Try posting just the triggers that you have problems with.

17. EpixBelongToMe

EpixBelongToMe

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I think you should try it like Zanzig said.
    some events don't work with map initialization and if this point already has an error every other trigger behind this one wont be loaded and map initialization triggers are at the top of the whole map script.

18. reason 3

reason 3

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    If you don't want to post your trigger here we can't help,and since you are sure that nothing of the imported things is to blame,i can only suggest you one thing.Reinstall wc3 and the world editor,it might actually fix any problem or anything you have changed...

19. Necros007

Necros007

Resources:
    Resources:
    You really didn't understand a bit of what I was saying.
    NONE of the triggers work. None.

WE is not the blame for this. Other maps work perfectly.
    I have a lot of triggers that do not care about map initialization, like Unit starts the effect of an ability, and other more.

As i wrote before, it's like the map is set up to ignore the triggers. It's like is melee, not custom. Could there be a buton to fix this?

20. takakenji

takakenji

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    nope, sorry. there's no button to fix it, all i can say is delete your last created trigger and see what happens, because SOMETHING caused it and its most likely in the triggers. that's all i got, sorry :\