• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Map Crashes on Bnet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I'm having some problems with my map. When i host it on Bnet, it works fine until the loading screen. Then it just sits there, even after everyone's loaded, and the game doesn't start. What is hapening?

Level 5
Is it possible to have too much loading at map start? Other than that, if your map compiles correctly it should load. Check your loading screen,if its just the defualt screen then its the game content messing your loads, but Iv'e never known a load screen to conflict with the game.

Level 8
I'm using the default loading screen that you get if you don;t change anything at all. It shows everyone green, but it just doesn't start up.

Level 8
Yeah it's copy protected. No viruses on my PC, and I DL'd all the materials used from Hive, so that shouldnt be the case. I'm going to try it unprotected. If that doesn't work, I'll send it to you.

Level 8
Tried the unprotected ver out on Bnet, it worked fine. Not sure what the problem was, but I don't want to have this unprotected. What's a good protector that won't do this?

Level 4
as far as I know, putting infinite loop/wait on Map Initialization event could cause such problems. try disabling all triggers with event "Map initialization". Then enable them one by one, until you find the one that freezes the map.

Level 35
as far as I know, putting infinite loop/wait on Map Initialization event could cause such problems. try disabling all triggers with event "Map initialization". Then enable them one by one, until you find the one that freezes the map.

He already said that it worked after disabling the map protect, so it isnt trigger. And still if it had something to do with triggers, he still should show dl. But DarkDenizen Happy that I got the right idea, just bad it was the protect, maybe protect it with different program..

Level 4
He already said that it worked after disabling the map protect, so it isnt trigger. And still if it had something to do with triggers, he still should show dl. But DarkDenizen Happy that I got the right idea, just bad it was the protect, maybe protect it with different program..

Sorry I didn't see that post

Status
Not open for further replies.