• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Many older Resources have their images broken. Some Have broken BB code too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Images are "broken" probably because the authors used external links instead of uploading the images here on Hiveworkshop.
BB codes should be fixed by the authors. I don't think moderators should do that. It's not in their interest and it's pretty much a waste of time, unless, maybe, authors are inactive.

You should first contact the authors and then report the resources if the issues aren't being addressed.

Level 16
Images are "broken" probably because the authors used external links instead of uploading the images here on Hiveworkshop.
BB codes should be fixed by the authors. I don't think moderators should do that. It's not in their interest and it's pretty much a waste of time, unless, maybe, authors are inactive.

You should first contact the authors and then report the resources if the issues aren't being addressed.

but why would the BB code break? my initial thought that it was due to some website update, but I dont see that my map description was broken (though it may have broke once but @Ralle fixed it? I forgot :| )

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Yes, I am sure Ralle got nothing better to do than fix some descriptions...

The authors of both maps you linked as examples are still active, contact them if it bothers you
that much.
It is up to the authors to decide whether or not they want their stuff fixed or not, not to you
or the administration/moderation team. If they don't want to, then leave it be.
It's their own business.

Kazeon

Hosted Project: EC
Level 33
In Hive 1, not using the enclosing tags like [/r][/tr][/td] for table was tolerated (the table will work just fine), and (in Hive 1) I never put enclosing tags. But now in Hive 2 it doesn't work anymore, that's why a lot of my (old) resource threads are broken after ported to Hive 2. Fixing the thread is no easy task as well.

E:
It is up to the authors to decide whether or not they want their stuff fixed or not, not to you
Atm I don't have any plan to do that, if you ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.