• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Malfuctioning movement system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Im am making a map and the unit movement system isnt working. Here is the attachted map. Please can you take a look at it and tell me what i have done wrong. Thank You for your time

Attachments

• Christmas wars.w3x
    180.5 KB · Views: 37
Level 17
You made everything transporting unit,whereas it should be triggering unit. Nevermind, its too much, why didnt you compress it into 1 trigger? the world may never know.

Thanks yeh i musta failed at that forgetting to change +rep to both of u

Also what do you mean compress it into 1 trigger that would just cause ridicolous amounts of lag. As there would be an overcomplicated amount of conditions to check 33 diffrent units with the 33 diffrent events?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
But if you create a simpler index for the points, I.E. Unit enters point x, move unit to point x+1
And how would you go about this "Unit enters point x" stuff. Especially since points have no area to "enter".

I agree that you could devise some form of hashed system whereby from a point it converts it into a target point by reducing it to an area. Sort of break the map into squares and give each square a target location (mathimatically speaking).

In the end you would use the same number of events, less triggers (and related structures) but more time to find the target location. As the triggers and structures have limited perodic overhead, I recon it may actually be slower.

Status
Not open for further replies.