• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Male High Elf Archer

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Hello! :grin:
I finalized my first model, this is a male version of the high elf archer unit, i decided to make it more androgynous because i think it quite fits the elves. :ogre_hurrhurr:

The full list of contents:
-Changes to geometry of the face, chest, pauldron and loincloth
-New texture that replaces the headband with bangs, turns the loincloth pants into a proper loincloth and replaces the breastplate with a masculine pattern one
-Altered the death sound to the spellbreaker one
-Active and disabled icon, i am including the full res portrait image so more icons can be created with the button manager if needed

210309-3239c8804e197951e723110155da2412.png

Feel free to retexture and edit any part of this, just please give me credit if you do. Full res portrait and texture included for easy editing.
Also i recommend the druid of talon soundset, i find it to find best :thumbs_up:
Previews
Contents

Male High Elf Archer (Model)

Male High Elf Archer Icon (Icon)

Male High Elf Archer Portrait (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
Might be useful to some people, but the effort is rather small and the end result is quite lacking.
Level 9
A commendable effort.

I'm on board for everything else, but in my opinion the face is still much too feminine. I'm not sure if it's a simple matter of reskinning (Priest? Blood Mage? Spellbreaker?), or if a new/modified mesh is required, but that's what I would suggest.
I think right now i will be occupied with learning to create more complex models, i plan to eventually come back to this and remake it with derivatives and i will make sure to include a more masculine option at that point.

Level 3
I love the face he is handsome:cute:, it is not the generic priest, worked in game. 5/5 in my book.
Lastly,If people do not like this, they can make better model for themselves:wsmile:.

Last edited: