• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Making World Editor read Cyrillic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
I don't know if this thread belongs in the WEHZ forum, but whatever. So... is there a way that I make Warcraft (EN) read stuff written in Cyrillic alphabet WITHOUT reinstalling it in Russian? Because when I write something in cyrillic, you know that it shows blank space ingame.

Level 34
Well this partial belongs to this Section.

What you have done is allowing the Russian/Foreign language filter in Wc3.
If you start up Wc3, you are in the menu, head to Options. Now try to find the ''Filter Russian'' button or whatever it's called. It's there.

Level 18
The only thing I could find is setting the chat filter in Gameplay Options, and it includes only Japanese, Korean, Chinese Simplified and Chinese Traditional, but not Russian. And I want to set the game itself read Cyrillic, such as unit names, game messages, quest descriptions etc.

Level 2
Try this fix. It swaps Fonts\FrizQT__.ttf to one that has cyrillic. I use it on my EN version and all russian is displayed correctly:thumbs_up:.

To install just put the extracted folder to wc3 root folder and run Update.bat. After that you may delete the extracted folder.

Attachments

• RuFont.rar
    44.6 KB · Views: 738
Status
Not open for further replies.