• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

making melee ai learn spells with a customized max level

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
i don't know why but i love customizing the standard melee heroes' spells like the damage and all, including their max level.

here's the thing tho, so like let's say i adjusted the max level for Priestess of the Moon's Trueshot Aura to a level 5 (since the standard max level for Trueshot Aura is level 3), and when I played the game, the AI that has recruited Priestess of the Moon can only level up their Trueshot Aura up to level 3, the standard. This is somehow a bummer and makes the gameplay a bit boring. And yes in the World Editor, I did increased the heroes' max level.

Does anyone happen to know what the triggers would look like for this case? (events, conditions and actions).

Level 12
  • Ai Hero level
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Gains a level
    • Conditions
      • (Hero level of (Triggering unit)) Greater than 10
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Priestess of the Moon
    • Actions
      • Hero - Learn skill for (Triggering unit): Trueshot Aura
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Level of Trueshot Aura for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 5
        • Then - Actions
          • Hero - Learn skill for (Triggering unit): Searing Arrows
        • Else - Actions
Something like this should do it. Hope this gets you started. By a quick look there are a few ai hero tutorials and at least few similiar threads already in this site.

The search tool is your friend :)

Level 2
joinminus.gif
events.gif
Events
  • line.gif
    joinbottom.gif
    unit.gif
    Unit - A unit Gains a level

shouldn't there be the "Map Initialization" event here? or was that not needed in this case?

Status
Not open for further replies.