• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Making it so a unit can attack thru Fog of War

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Another thing I'm needing for my Supcom 2 Map, basically what I need is for a Long range artillery unit to be able to attack through the fog of war.

In Supcom 2 units are able to attack other units/structures through Fog of War as long as they have a radar/intel showing that a unit/structure is there. However in the case of structures you cannot tell if the structure is alive or dead when attacking it unless you gain vision of the area. The same thing already kinda happens in that you can see an enemies buildings after exploring the area in the Fog of War but they will still show up even when dead until you see the area again. I need my artillery unit to be able to hit the buildings showing up through the fog of war.

+ Rep if anyone can help figure out how to do this.

Level 11
The ghost building isn't exactly what I'm looking for.

Here's a better example of what I need, say your opponent builds a base nearby, you find the base with a scout, now you can see the buildings and stuff still through the fog of war and your artillery units are able to attack those buildings.

That is what I need to be able to do, I tried messing with the target filters such as changing the Visible filter to allowed instead of required but that didn't do it. Atm the artillery units still require vision of a target in order to engage it, I need them to be able to hit any target (other than regular units even if they are hidden by the fog of war, as long as the player has seen the structure before.)

EDIT

Below is a thumbnail to give a visual of what I need to have happen, the green dots represent my artillery units. They need to be able to attack the red dots which represent an enemy base that I found earlier on. I do not have actual vision from a unit of the base but my Artillery can attack the base as if I did (However I would not know if a structure is dead or not unless I scout the base again, normal fog of war rule.) This would simulate the effect of how radar effects artillery in Supcom 1 & 2.

PS. Also if you know of a way to lessen the Artillery's accuracy as in the missile not always hitting the exact spot and might hit a ways off of it's intended target, that would help too.

Level 11
Doesnt that make more sense for artillery anyway? Usally artillery doesnt attack unless ordered to so you dont want it just setting up and attacking without orders

In a normal rts yes... But this is for my Supreme Commander style map, in that game artillery is used to assault bases from afar, and to overwhelm shields your opponent may have protecting their defenses. Thus I need them to be able to attack structures that are fogged but still visible in a way, if you get what I mean.

If you look at the pic above, you'll notice I kinda fogged out the enemy base, I have no vision of it. The artillery needs to be able to attack the enemy buildings even though they are fogged. You would still however have to order them to change targets and such since you won't know if the building has been destroyed or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.