• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Making doodads fly (mac)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello,

in many tutorials (Example: YouTube - peq designt ein Anwesen ) you can see that doodads "fly" in the air or go down in the ground.

Some people told me that this should work with "Strg (means Ctrl on a mac) and Page Up/Down.
But it doesnt work... Sure, I can move and change doodads in other ways, but I want to make them fly...

Maybe someone can tell me where to change s.th. in "Configurate Controls" or if that generally doesn't work on Mac.

Thank you (Sorry for my bad English, I'm German)

Kento

Level 8
I do not own a mac so I do not know the correct keys to hit.

However the Map Editor does allow one to change the shortcut keys.

I believe under File (menu bar) you should have 'configure controls'.

click on that and a pop-up window appears with tabs - each tab has a list of key strokes attached to various things starting with Terrain Editor, the Trigger Editor, Sound editor.... blah blah blah.

that is where I learned most of my commands from.

You are looking for:

Selection: Decrease Z:
Selection: Increase Z:

Level 2
Thank you, it works! I just changed the keys...
Maybe PageUP/DOWN doesn't work very nice on my mac...

Thank you very much, it's very usefull for me ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.