• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Make unit invisible with not ART effects

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
you can use the ability permanent invisibility located under special - units

Level 13
then use windwalk ability (but don't know if this uses the ghost effect, too)
else you have to remodel it, make an alternate animation (while modelparts are removed or made transparent)

Wind walk uses ghost effect :(....and i need permanent invisibility

Animations don´t work,you can only change colors not transparent.

Level 13
i ment to remove the mesh, or... hmm ... just use no model for it, replace the unit with a unit that has no model, and your unit is invisible.. pretty simple lol xD just thought of that..

that replaceing is not so simple xD
in my case this is just fine.....i can put my unit to a structure :D and invisibility will have no effects but if its not a structure.....

Level 6
i ment to remove the mesh, or... hmm ... just use no model for it, replace the unit with a unit that has no model, and your unit is invisible.. pretty simple lol xD just thought of that..

Yes but it his first post he said for enemies. That makes it invisible for everyone. Also units are still able to attack it etc.

Level 13
bla bla bla ... the part with the natives was lol .... bla bla bla

make a trigger when the unit casts or gains the ability you set it's transparency to 100% or 0% can't remember which one makes it "invisible" and you're done...

It will just make his model invisible....all other is same,enemyes can attack it
anyway i need invisibility with no "ghost effect" and i saw that there will be no "ghost effect" but only on structures....

Level 11
Animations don´t work,you can only change colors not transparent.

You can change colours and transparency as well. If you use GUI there is a trigger for changing vertex colouring of a unit and it takes 4 parameters. Paramter 1-3 are for the colour 0 - 255 and the fourth is for the transparency 0.00-1.00(1 means invisible)

To not allow enemys to attack your unit, simple add locust ability to it. But than you won't be able to select it anymore. But as well you can change the attackrange of all enemy units in map to 0. so they can't attack the unit. And when the unit leaves invisibilty simple reset the attack range to the standardrange for the specific unittype.

Thy

Status
Not open for further replies.