• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

About invisibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Is it possible that when you make your own/ally unit invisible it won't do the fade effect on the model (where the models go opaque). The unit will still appear invisible to enemies but I just want that the unit will not go opaque. So is it possible?

Level 18
an invisible unit should be no problem, you can easily remove the .mdl / .mdx file from it so it has no model. et voila it's invisible.

But it will still be damaged, targeted, etc although it's invisible.

(I think the transparency also works with 100% to make it totally invisible, but I could be wrong)

Level 10
uhhhhm I think I did not explain well. What I meant was:

You cast invisibility on an ally unit, x. When you and your allies see unit x(already invisible), the unit will look opaque and seemingly faded. I want to get rid of the opaque/fade effect on the model so that for you and your allies unit x will appear normal. And like any invisibility spell of warcraft, your enemies wont see unit x.

uhmm, try setting the unit's transparency after the invisibility fade takes effect... there is an action for that under the Animations actions (I think its on the part which lets you change the color of a unit)...

was thinking of the same thing, ima try.

EDIT: Didn't work -_-

Last edited:
Level 18
I don't think it's possible, else it will be a lot of work and pretty hard to do.

There are no settings for the fade effect as I can remember, you could look at most invisible spells, like nightelven one. But non of these have a option to set the transparency of the model. So I think it's base of the Warcraft Code that changes this automaticlly..

So a total visible model, while other players won't see it is not that possible.
I can't believe that this is also triggerable, or how could you add 2 transparency effects on one unit? But I could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.