• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Make game auto press start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Im sure you all know that ladder/bnet games makes the game auto pop up if you have the game minimized and also auto presses start, it doesnt wait for a player to press start, how can that be done in custom games?

off course with spammed wait functions :D
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Wait 1.00 seconds
      • Game - Force Player 1 (Red) to press the key A
      • Wait 1.00 seconds
      • Wait 1.00 seconds
      • Wait 1.00 seconds
      • Wait 1.00 seconds
      • Wait 1.00 seconds

Level 8
off course with spammed wait functions :D
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Wait 1.00 seconds
      • Wait 1.00 seconds
      • Wait 1.00 seconds
      • Wait 1.00 seconds
      • Wait 1.00 seconds
      • Wait 1.00 seconds

Hes not talking about while the game is loading hes talking about when your in the game lobby

Level 17
Hmm, if i remember correctly some default loading screens don't need a key press.
Now, i've not checked if it depends the model used, or if there is a function lying in the map script when you select the X loading screen in the editor.

Level 17
if you replace the generic screen you dont have to rpess a key.
But you have to test it in Multiplayer, in SP you always have to press a key.

Are you sure about single player ?

Anyway, he can test it in lan with only one player (himself)

Off-topic : i see that i'm not the only one to make new words, "rpess", this word in phonetic is really bad in my language :p

Level 13
I have bots and thats not really what im asking, i dont want to use the "load-in-game" feature i am talking about just the map not waiting for a player to press start, i have played games before where it just auto does it for you. Also ladder games work in this way, and bring the screen to maximized when game starts.

Would this work to auto start the map?(Nothing to do with maximizing the Wc3 screen)
JASS:
function InitTrig_Melee_Initialization takes nothing returns nothing
loop
    exitwhen udg_B == true
    set udg_I = 1
    loop
        exitwhen udg_I > 12
        call ForceUIKeyBJ(Player(udg_I), "A")
        set udg_I = udg_I + 1
    endloop
    call TriggerSleepAction(1.00)
endloop
endfunction

JASS:
function Trig_Untitled_Trigger_001_Actions takes nothing returns nothing
    set udg_B = true
    call DestroyTrigger(GetTriggeringTrigger())
endfunction

function InitTrig_Untitled_Trigger_001 takes nothing returns nothing
    set gg_trg_Untitled_Trigger_001 = CreateTrigger()
    call TriggerRegisterTimerEventSingle(gg_trg_Untitled_Trigger_001, 0)
    call TriggerAddAction(gg_trg_Untitled_Trigger_001, function Trig_Untitled_Trigger_001_Actions)
endfunction

Level 12
Just use the Generic loading screen like frotty said. You can overwrite the 4 parts of the generic loading screen with your own 4 parts. In addition, the 4 parts of your loading screen that are used to overwrite the generic loading screen are in .blp format, which is much file-size friendly instead of the loading screen.mdx that requires 4 parts in .tga format. I think this is the best solution for your problem. =)

Here's the paths in case you don't know them.
UI\Glues\Loading\Load-Generic\Generic-Loading-TopLeft.blp
UI\Glues\Loading\Load-Generic\Generic-Loading-TopRight.blp
UI\Glues\Loading\Load-Generic\Generic-Loading-BotLeft.blp
UI\Glues\Loading\Load-Generic\Generic-Loading-BotRight.blp
judging by the names, you should know which part uses which path respectively.

p/s: If it doesn't work, tell me. I'm not sure whether they are 100% replaceble or not.

Level 13
ok the auto press start thing is fine but more importantly i need the screen to maximize when the game is done loading like it does for bnet ladder games.

sorry its been a while till i got back to this, but it would be helpful if someone could help me figure this out or make a demo map with it working :)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
The auto-popup thing is a series of windows manager command. If the game does not do it already (like StarCraft II) then the only way to make it do so is with an .exe hack or by patching the games source code, both of which are not viable for online play.

The press anykey to begin problem is handled automaticly now by most bots. They send a start session command once you finish loading.

Level 13
but when you play normal b.net ladder play games that pops up for you, i can be on the internet doing stuff and the game will auto pop for me when the game starts. Its pretty important for me to be able to do this. There must be a way if it does it for ladder eh

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
but when you play normal b.net ladder play games that pops up for you, i can be on the internet doing stuff and the game will auto pop for me when the game starts. Its pretty important for me to be able to do this. There must be a way if it does it for ladder eh
Yes, by being a ladder game. Ladder games obviously have that mechanic hard coded, something you can not do via script alone.

All games in StarCraft II do this automaticly. Infact until you told me that ladder games do it, I did not even know WC3 had that behaviour.

Level 13
interesting.. :/
i didnt know blizzard would be that selfish doing that with just their ladder.. sigh

I thought it would have been something in some deeper hard coding options in the editor i over looked or something or with the loading screen properties even. I already assumed it had nothing to do with code or scripting.

that really bums me out :(

Status
Not open for further replies.