• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Make custom Camera?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I want to make a custom camera, i want it to follow the hero around. the best would be if the camera could be locked in a zoomed in position behind the hero. and i need help making triggers that would allow the players to toggle the camera to different views with commands like "Cam1" or "Cam2" help is much appreciated and i will credit you in my map. I know these things are possible because i saw them in another game. Thanks in advanced -Chanan12

Level 11
The triggers you want for manipulating cameras are the actions under the Camera category in the trigger editor (such as "Camera - Lock Camera Target to Unit" which will make the camera follow a unit around, turn as the unit turns, etc). The various camera functions are pretty self-explanatory and you can just play around with the settings until you get the angles and distance and general effect you want. I'd write the trigger for you myself, but I don't know how far away you want the camera to be, the exact angle you want, etc.

In order to allow players to change their camera settings with a typed command, do Event - Player - Player (number) types a chat message containing cam1 (or whatever string you want) as An exact match.

Easy :thumbs_up:

PS: Don't bother crediting me in the map as "triggerer" or anything just for quick basic advice like that... just make sure you +rep people if you feel they helped you. I only mention this because I see you're completely new here.

Level 5
Edit:
Here you go.. commands are cam1, cam2 and resetcam.
cam1 - set to hero cam (facing angle of unit).
cam2 - same as cam1 except that you will be facing the unit, being able to see whats behind it.
resetcam - reset camera.

Take note im new to making mui or mpi triggers so the mui or mpi part might not work and also cause i can't test mpi triggers on my own

Attachments

• Camera.w3x
    19.7 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.