• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Camera (default for every player)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Okay, so i want to make the default camera for every player zoomed out. For example, in Warlock you can type -cam500 and it will zoom the camera out but then i want it to be the default camera view for every player.

Level 9
Nothing seems to happen.

22.JPG

Odd, why would it work for me and not you? Did you select the camera that you created? Does that camera have it's Distance value changed from the default value?

Level 17
View attachment 45914

Odd, why would it work for me and not you? Did you select the camera that you created? Does that camera have it's Distance value changed from the default value?

#1 Use triggers in trigger tags, [TRIGGER ] [/TRIGGER ] without spaces.
#2 You didnt told him he had to create camera's.
#3 It's not what he's asking for. :p

He wants to set the height of the camera different, just use what I did.
Here is a sample trigger + attachment. It's what you are looking for.

• Camera
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -cam as A substring
      • Player - Player 2 (Blue) types a chat message containing -cam as A substring
      • Player - Player 3 (Teal) types a chat message containing -cam as A substring
      • Player - Player 4 (Purple) types a chat message containing -cam as A substring
      • Player - Player 5 (Yellow) types a chat message containing -cam as A substring
      • Player - Player 6 (Orange) types a chat message containing -cam as A substring
      • Player - Player 7 (Green) types a chat message containing -cam as A substring
      • Player - Player 8 (Pink) types a chat message containing -cam as A substring
      • Player - Player 9 (Gray) types a chat message containing -cam as A substring
      • Player - Player 10 (Light Blue) types a chat message containing -cam as A substring
      • Player - Player 11 (Dark Green) types a chat message containing -cam as A substring
      • Player - Player 12 (Brown) types a chat message containing -cam as A substring
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Integer((Substring((Entered chat string), 5, 8)))) Greater than or equal to 1000
          • (Integer((Substring((Entered chat string), 5, 8)))) Less than or equal to 5000
        • Then - Actions
          • Camera - Set (Triggering player)'s camera Distance to target to (Real((Substring((Entered chat string), 5, 8)))) over 2.00 seconds
        • Else - Actions
EDIT: When you type -cam(any number between 1000 and 5000) it will zoom to that height.
But I suggest changing the value of 5000 to 4000 because with 5000 I could not see anything, it was to zoomed out. xD

Attachments

• camera.w3x
    16.2 KB · Views: 60
Status
Not open for further replies.