• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Make 1-st hero cost only 5 food?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
So I need to make 2 versions of each hero - 1 costing gold + lumber + food, and the other version costing only food.
Make my altar be able to train both types, but I should have the gold/lumber costing versions initially disabled.
When I train a hero - I need to disable the food costing ones, and enable to normal ones?

Isn't there an easier way? xP

Level 28
What I want to do:
1-st hero (no matter what hero it is) costs only 5 food
2-nd and 3-rd hero (no matter who they are) cost 5 food + gold + lumber.
It's pretty much pre-set to be like that in melee maps, but since I'm using custom heroes - it doesn't happen.

Those Costum Heroes are based on the a melee hero stats, right?
Do as I said, remove gold + lumber for the 1_st hero, and let the two others as they are without changing anything (food + gold + lumber).

Now, usualy melee heroes from melee maps does cost 5 food when training, but Campaign heroes doesn't use food at the start (check the stats and you'll see)
I'm sure your hero is based on a hero campaign E.g Arthas, Thrall...

Level 13
You still don't get it.
I have Hero 1, Hero 2, and Hero 3.
I want:
When I train Hero 2, and it's the 1-st hero I train - it costs 5 food
the other 2 cost normal

When I train Hero 1, and it's the 1-st hero I train - it costs 5 food
the other 2 cost normal

When I train Hero 3, and it's the 1-st hero I train - it costs 5 food
the other 2 cost normal

I DON'T want Hero 1 to cost 5 food, and the other 2 to cost normal, since I may not always train Hero 1 first :p

Level 37
Just ran some tests on the issue. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but whenever I remove call MeleeStartingUnits() from the InitTrig, it makes it so that even the default heroes cost gold AND lumber, despite it being my first hero. If you keep this function, all first Heroes (including custom ones), will only cost food.

Status
Not open for further replies.