• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Major save/load dilemma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I am making a many-map rpg where you are able to go back to previous maps (like rexxar's campaign). I am using game caches to load everything. Problem is, I am worried that when you go back to a previous map, the areas that you explored will be covered again with the black mask. Is there anyone who knows how to deal with this? I would be thankful if you could tell me.

Level 9
ouch..

Well that is a problem. I think the only way to deal with that is to make a 1x1 region and if u cross it it sets a game cache to save that place.
Meaning a 256x256 map is 256 regions in 1 map. So thats 256 triggers extra per map. Or you could have him drop vision modifiers when he moves and the game cache could save there location
(i dont know if thats possible)
Sorry if this was no help (whitch it is no help)

Level 4
I was thinking of that second idea. I also that maybe there could be certain areas where when you activate them it is saved and then automatically reveals a certain area when you reload it.
What would be most helpful is if someone could tell me how they did it in the Rexxar campaign. I know it is possible, I just can't see how.

Level 4
That would work fine, but it's not exactly what I want. In any case, I will probably do that. I have already worked out a way of doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.