• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Saving Gold between Maps Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello all. I am currently working on a RPG style campaign that involves loading different maps. Everything is going well but I need help in saving the Gold you accumulate on a map so it can be transferred to the next map. Can anyone give me a Global Trigger to do this? I dont know JASS too well. I can save the char, and have it loaded to the next map with the same lvl, stats and spells but just cant find any Trigger to save the gold/items. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Level 2
Could you elaborate a little more pls Ramza? I figured it was the integer trigger but do I need to set it up at the beginning so that the gold is fixed to a specific integer? If you could.. maybe give me the trigger code to make this possible. Sorry that I don't understand fully but I learn as I go. Thanks for the help.

Level 2
Thanks for the tip Ramza. Sorry to sound like such a noob at this. I barely understand the Game Cache thing or most of the editor commands in the game such as the advance options. I learned most of what I know by visiting SD_Ryoko's site. From what I could gather from his tutorials I came up with a trigger to save my Hero to be loaded to the next map.

Unit - Unit enters zone [the next map zone.]
Conditions
Actions
Game Cache - Clear last game cache
Game Cache - Store (triggering unit) as [some save
name] in (Last created game cache)
Game Cache - Save (Last created game cache)

This saves the Hero and his lvl so I am starting to understand what you are trying to say now. Just make one for the Gold. However, in the Game Cache - Store there isnt a option for 'gold' like there was for (triggering unit) so how do I attach the amount of gold that the game records to an integer or variable to be Game Cache - Stored later? Thanks again for the help and patience.

I am looking for more sites that can help me with understanding all the Object Editor options and especially the Advanced Gameplay Constants. Lvl 30 Chars shouldnt be getting exp from lvl 1 mobs and I know you can up the exp required to attain a certain lvl but havent figured out what each line option in the Advance Gameplay Constants mean. Oh well.. one thing at a time and right now I need to figure out the gold thing. :)

Level 2
Believe it or not, I found a good tutorial for exactly what I was looking for in the Tutorial Section (go figure). Thank you so much for the patience Ramza in trying to help me. I will take a look at this tutorial and go from there. Thanks again for the responses and help.

Status
Not open for further replies.