• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Save & Load

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I need help at Save & Load char .. I dont know how to save and load them :( ... So if you know please tell me!

Level 13
I can explain the method used by Blizzard in their campaigns, I mean importing hero between missions.

You need to use Game Cache:

You need to create a game cache using action "Game Cache - Create game cache" and specify the filename of cache.

Then, use action "Game Cache - Store Unit":
"Store Unit<your hero> as Label<for example "myhero"> of Category<for example "heroes"> in (Last created game cache)".

After that, save cache using action "Game Cache - Save game cache".

If you want to restore hero, create game cache (as above) using the same filename, and then use action "Game Cache - Restore Unit Facing Angle" or "Game Cache - Restore Unit Facing Point". Use the same label and category to point where your char is.

I don't know it would help/work, because i don't know much about game caches, but i saw this method in blizz campaign "DemoCampaign.w3n" (included with Warcraft 3 TFT - xxx\Warcraft III\Campaigns\") and i thought it could help you. If you are not sure, look at this demo campaign and see how this works.

GL!

Status
Not open for further replies.