• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Magma dude lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Since everyone else is showing off their contest skins...

Attachments

• FINAL SS.jpg
    FINAL SS.jpg
    493 KB · Views: 418
Level 45
Theres not random cracks everywhere, I put the rock chunks where his muscles should be. When lava flows threw solid rock, it is yellow, when it melts the rock it tints orange. The black rock isn't melted, thus the magma is yellow.

im not a dumbass falco.

black=cold
red=hotter
orange=even hotter
yelllow=hotess

Dont EVER have yellow and black near each other, only go down to yellow through black-red-orange then yellow NOT black-yellow or black-orange.

its logic falco, if there is yellow on the rock, then it would melt the rock to black-red-orange then joining with the yellow.

like said already yellow isnt suppose to show on any spot near the black rock, at some areas you have cracks and drips with yellow on the rocks

and you didnt define the muscle very well and the abom DOES have the cracks and ..yellows all over the place on it..

Level 12
Im an attention whore? Whos the one who left Wc3c just so they can see who posts about them. I took constructive critisism correctly, but if i dont see that it helps i wont use it, the magma is fine and you know it.

@Afro, u know i tried that but everyone in the contest forum said i should turn it yellow or orange. I wanted a fel type feal.

Level 5
I actually don't much care for this skin. I think you're all letting Falco's reputation as a skinner cloud your vision, because the skin itself is nothing to write home about.

The skin is a mess of red, black, orange and yellow with little to define it. Due to lack of contrasting elements or solid division of parts, especially important for games like RTSes where you have little tiny units with limited model detail, it's hard to make the eye focus on any one thing in the concept. The overal impact for me when viewed is essentially "That's.. a mess."
On the positive side of things, the way the face is done is pretty good, though the yellow spot on the tip of the upper lip is a bit strange. The pauldron is a step in the right direction, but I would actually recommend you switch over to something like metal of a blackish tint, even though it doesn't make sense knowing that stone generally has a higher melting point.

Compared to your usual stuff, Falco, this is kind of lacking, but I do like the concept.

Level 1
I think you made the red parts too bright, you kinda lose details in how bright it is. Looks pretty cool though.

Wait... what the hell? I remember when Bob27 said "omg your skins are so bad im gonna ban you right now" to Texturing Moderator? I need a pill..

P.S. Nice skin

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.