• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Magina VS Pudge - DASH v1.1

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: Mechanical Man
7dAfyJJ.png

v1.1

WmxBBaw.png

This is another map made by shanghai. Magina VS Pudge. This is a dash wars map.

ZT2WUxv.png

There were 2 heroes from another game that joined this massive fight tournament. They wanted to dash each other to the death. When Magina saw pudges dash, he also wanted to do dash. And now they stand for a big tournament, who will survive the dash wars. Magina and Pudge wanted to fight until the death.

uQixhcE.png

You play with 5 vs 5. The gameplay is basicly to dash the others heroes before they dash you. And dont walk into the water, it will damage you. Try dash and get the enemies into the water areas. Btw, dont forget the items. There are secret shops in this map.

There are 2 different modes. -kills/-x and -deathmatch/dm. Type the - and the amount of X-kills. or deathmatch mode -dm or - deathmatch.

u1LfXAZ.png

reeZM24.png

4a9H3G8.png

BQMonl6.png

fdGO8Ko.png

Special thanks to: Sasuke32, xAerox, deathismyfriend, edo494, DSG, Elphis aka Kawakami Nyuu, The Reborn Devil, D4RK_G4ND4LF, ap0calypse, noob, The_blood, Losam, Hell_Master, Legal_Ease, Doomguy80, DotCa AProject.

Custom Models icons and skins:

Stanakin
Darkholme
karland90
Forgotten_Warlord
Just_Spectating
NFWar
kola
Palaslayer
inhuman89
CRAZYRUSSIAN
PeeKay
Infinitynexus
Darkfang
NFWar
Misha
4eNNightmare
stefanstan95
CloudWolf
-Berz-
Mobilize
Mr.Goblin
Goo
paradise.engineeri

Dash now uses effects
The lag is no lag its caused of the shaking camera (Removed shaking)
Some balancing
Fixed knockback system

Keywords:
dash, war, wars, pudge, magina, dota, dota2, 2, dota 2, mini, game, hero, arena, vs, fun.
Contents

Magina VS Pudge - DASH v1.1 (Map)

Reviews
00:41, 8th Apr 2016 Rufus: Rufus ReviewMap ScoreGameplay:10 / 30Aesthetics:10 / 20Total:20 / 50 Rating Chart 45-505/5 Highly Recommended35-444/5 Recommended25-343/5 Useful15-242/5 Lacking0-141/5 Unacceptable Gameplay I loved your other...

M

00:41, 8th Apr 2016
Rufus:
profilepic210991_9.gif
Rufus Review
Map Score
Gameplay:10 / 30
Aesthetics:10 / 20
Total:20 / 50

Rating Chart
45-505/5 Highly Recommended
35-444/5 Recommended
25-343/5 Useful
15-242/5 Lacking
0-141/5 Unacceptable

mapdev.gif
Gameplay

I loved your other map! However, this map didn't have as fun mechanics to play around with. In addition to that, the dash ability lagged a lot everytime some one used it. Even if you don't notice it, it shouldn't be like this for any player, as this means there is an unefficent trigger somewhere, causing temporarily lag because it repeats too many times.

In order to make this fun, you should perhaps add more moves, or come up with a new ability like in the hook in pudge wars, for this game to revolve around.

As it is right now, it is not very easy to use, and therefore not very fun either.

I forgot to mention that on your other map, but the introduction message show for a pretty short time. i never had the time to read it, especially not when playing on a bot as their messages cover up the screen for about 8 seconds upon launch. You should view this message or like 3600 seconds or something and just clear the screen when a player is writing a command.

It is also unclear how to use the -kills command. I tried to enter it correctly many times but never succeded. Instead I just picked deathmatch. I think you are overcomplicating it.
I would write it like this:
Write "-kills #" to set the number of kills.

terrianforum.gif
Aesthetics
The choice of having a pudge in this game aswell is not very good, as they don't have the image of an agile warrior like the anti-mage you put in here. It doesn't make sense that a pile of meat dashes away so quickly.

Terrain was not at all as clear as you last map, which is a nuisance since you want to have maximum vision when you play something that requires quick reflexes and decisions. The terrain was overall dark and gritty, which might have been good for a campaign or dungeon crawler. The terrain is not bad, just very unfitting. The trees are way too big also, as they obscure the plyers view.

triggersandscriptsforum.gif
Bugs
It lags upon casting the dash ability.

updatesandnewsforum.gif
Summary
This game seem to have been based off the pudge game you have uploaded before. However, this game idea does not hold together as good as the pudge one, as the gameplay is not as well planned and executed as the other. The terrain contibutes to a bad gameplay factor as it removes clarity from the game.

Status set to Awaiting Update.

Level 26
profilepic210991_9.gif
Rufus Review
Map Score
Gameplay:10 / 30
Aesthetics:10 / 20
Total:20 / 50

Rating Chart
45-505/5 Highly Recommended
35-444/5 Recommended
25-343/5 Useful
15-242/5 Lacking
0-141/5 Unacceptable

mapdev.gif
Gameplay

I loved your other map! However, this map didn't have as fun mechanics to play around with. In addition to that, the dash ability lagged a lot everytime some one used it. Even if you don't notice it, it shouldn't be like this for any player, as this means there is an unefficent trigger somewhere, causing temporarily lag because it repeats too many times.

In order to make this fun, you should perhaps add more moves, or come up with a new ability like in the hook in pudge wars, for this game to revolve around.

As it is right now, it is not very easy to use, and therefore not very fun either.

I forgot to mention that on your other map, but the introduction message show for a pretty short time. i never had the time to read it, especially not when playing on a bot as their messages cover up the screen for about 8 seconds upon launch. You should view this message or like 3600 seconds or something and just clear the screen when a player is writing a command.

It is also unclear how to use the -kills command. I tried to enter it correctly many times but never succeded. Instead I just picked deathmatch. I think you are overcomplicating it.
I would write it like this:
Write "-kills #" to set the number of kills.

terrianforum.gif
Aesthetics
The choice of having a pudge in this game aswell is not very good, as they don't have the image of an agile warrior like the anti-mage you put in here. It doesn't make sense that a pile of meat dashes away so quickly.

Terrain was not at all as clear as you last map, which is a nuisance since you want to have maximum vision when you play something that requires quick reflexes and decisions. The terrain was overall dark and gritty, which might have been good for a campaign or dungeon crawler. The terrain is not bad, just very unfitting. The trees are way too big also, as they obscure the plyers view.

triggersandscriptsforum.gif
Bugs
It lags upon casting the dash ability.

updatesandnewsforum.gif
Summary
This game seem to have been based off the pudge game you have uploaded before. However, this game idea does not hold together as good as the pudge one, as the gameplay is not as well planned and executed as the other. The terrain contibutes to a bad gameplay factor as it removes clarity from the game.

Status set to Awaiting Update.

Level 19
I fixed the spell. its not caused by lag. Its lagging because of shaking camera. AProject made the dash using effects instead of dummys. btw i found a leak i working on fixing it.

It should be fixed most of the lag issue now.

Last edited: