• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Magi Deathmatch Arena - Artificial Intelligence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Looking for a skilled AI Creator

As per my post in the Map Development forums, I am seeking an expert/highly prolific map maker to aid in the creation of an AI System for my Magi Deathmatch Arena game.

For details of the game, see http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/magi-deathmatch-arena-157616/.

What I want from you:
- An AI that is capable of running around the map, collecting items and attacking enemies using the projectile method that the game uses.
- The AI must be multi-player instanceable. Each computer will only control 1 unit at a time, so MUI is not required, but MPI is definitely required.
- It must contain no memory leaks.
- The AI must be able to react to the actions of other players, such as attempt to use a Reflective Shield when an enemy casts at them, or use a Reversal Module if many nearby enemy projectiles are around.
- The AI must NOT be perfect. It should not have perfect reaction times or be completely unbeatable. It must however give a decent enough challenge.
- It can be written in any coding language you desire, so long as it works. vJASS, GUI, whatever.

Those wishing to partake in the creation of the AI should contact me via Private Message on these boards so that I can send you the map to test out and attempt to create the AI for it. Currently the map is in a Pre-Alpha Prototype stage, but the basic mechanics of the map are all in place.

Again, to reiterate, see http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/magi-deathmatch-arena-157616/#post1460192 for map information specifics to get an idea of the concept of this map.

Whoever manages to write such an AI will be included as the Co-Creator of the map, equal in status to my own in terms of ownership of the map. In addition, I will pledge to assist in your own future projects with what expertise I can bring.

Last edited:
Level 3
Ill be glad to help develop an AI for this map. If the game is playable just send me a copy or w/e and ill see what I can whip up for you. XD Some of the arenas sound really interesting, like the 9-room one. Is it possible to use the room teleporters to dodge projectiles?

Level 14
Yeah, the teleporters are just basic Waygates with a different model, so you can use them to easily get out of a sticky situation.

As for now, the map is in an Alpha stage. I.e. the maps are in place with their mechanics enabled, and all the basic abilities and system are in place. Except that choosing your class, the win conditions etc don't work yet. It's definitely enough though to start developing an AI. Just place some units on the map etc and then see how the AI functions.

I've passed the map link to you via Private message.

Status
Not open for further replies.