• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lynel Variations (Currently only One)

Hello friends,

after constantly having doubts about them i finally decided to upload them.

They come in three different Versions: Red Lynel, Blue Lynel & Silver Lynel.

Each Lynel has three different Versions: One with a 'Crusher' , One with a 'Spear' & One with 'Sword & Shield'.

The Old Versions are found in the First Comment as a .rar file

-----Unit Description-----
"The Mighty Lynel is from a proud warrior race. They follow everyone who can defeat them in a fight without magic. |Can attack ground Units|"

-----Unit Information-----
---
Race: Lynel
------
Affiliation
: Independent; Darknut Legion
------
Elemental-Resistance
: (Only Elements that have a mentionable resistance will be mentioned)
Fire = 95%
Water = 95%
Lightning/Electrical Attacks = 95%
Wind = 100%
Ice = 95%
Light = 65% (Excludes Healing magic)
Darkness/Void magic = 50%
Death Magic = 65%
------
Abilities
:
Fire-Salve: He can breath three big Fireballs in a row at his enemies.
---
Mighty Roar: The Lynel will release a mighty roar which will stun his enemies and strengthen his allies.
---
(Name of Elemental Arrow): The Lynel will shoot three elemental Arrows of one kind at his enemies.
---
Earthshatterer (Only 'Crusher' and 'Spear' can use this): The Lynel will smash/pierce the ground with his weapon, causing a fireblast to erupt that will destroy/damage nearby enemies and trees.

-----Reference & Progress-----
Reference:
lynel___breath_of_the_wild_by_cindyworks-db2ajcf.jpg
BoTW_Lynel_Concept_Artwork.png

Progress:
[+] = Added
[-] = Removed
[~] = fixed or changed

---Update 08. Jul. 2017 (very minor)---
[~] -> There was a small Error in the description. It is now changed. (thanks @Cuore )
[~] -> Also Added Nintendo in the Credits list. (thanks @deepstrasz )

---Update 13. Jul. 2017 (major)---
[~] -> The modelled Hands are now just stumps. (due to someone complaining about them)
[+] -> The Chest has now more detail.
[~] -> the texture of the chest is also adjusted.
[~] -> The Texture of the arms is also adjusted.
[~] -> The Leg bending in the wrong direction in the attack animation is now fixed.
[~] -> The Attack animation is now different and is called 'Attack - 1' now.
[+] -> Added another Attack animation called 'Attack - 2'.
[-] -> Deleted the other versions, but they can still be downloaded by scrolling to the first comment.

-----Credits-----
Credits go to @Kuhneghetz for his Lion.blp skin.

Credits go to Nintendo's 'the Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild's Lynel.

If you use these models then give credits to me for this idea,
but don't distribute and edit them without my Permission. Okay!?!
Contents

Blue Lynel (Sword & Shield) (Model)

BTNBlueLynel (Icon)

Reviews
General Frank
A nice model and rather good animations. Works in-game and performs well.
Level 30
~reserved

Okay. A short History about the Lynels.
The Lynels, while differing in Color, are very Rare to find outside of the Darknut Legion.
The Darknut Legion is a faction consisting majorly of Clifflord Warriors or simply Darknut Warriors. Therefore Darknut Legion. The 'God' of the Darknut Legion has defeated the Lynel's strongest warrior and from that Day forth the Lynels served the Legion as Elite-Class Warriors or as bodyguards for the Legions most important Cities.

[+] I will most likely Update their History once i completed the Darknut Legion's Buildings.
I have already one uploaded.

Things to fix:
- Lower Body is far too wide
- It shouldn't have modelled hands
- Fur texture is too Monotone. (Red Lynel and Blue Lynel)
- In one of the attacks, the back legs bend the entire wrong way.
- The Model lacks weight behind It's movements.

Here are the Old Versions: Lynel Variations (Old).rar

Feel free to give constructive criticism and suggestions.

Attachments

• Lynel Variations (Old).rar
    879.5 KB · Views: 271
Last edited:
The animations need serious work. In one of the attacks, the back legs bend the entire wrong way.

Try to reference Centaur and Pit Lord animations, look at the weight behind their movements. The texture on the body is also in need of serious work, as it comes off like one single colour, and nothing more. It really shouldn't have modelled hands, considering the level of detail on the rest of the mesh. The lower body is also far too wide. It's unnatural.

You may want to work on those issues before moving forward.

Level 50
I seriously consider quitting with how much wrong and false everything seems to be.
Don't quit, just follow the suggestions people give you. I see you are modeling in milkshape. I also was very bad at making meshes in milkshape but practice makes everything perfect.
Just be sure to practice and make more and more models and you'll see progress.
The same is with the animations, you know how the process works, so you just need to practice.

Level 30
@Stefan.K Do you have any suggestions or constructive criticism to give?

I make a list on the first comment on what has to be fixed.

Aside from that i can give a small picture: the Upper is the old one and the bottom one is the newer one.
old hips.PNG

smaller hips.PNG

[-] He still has modelled hands.

[+] He attacks now sideways. Think of the Footmans 'Attack - 2' or the Pitlords attacks.

[+] I also fixed the leg problem. It bends now right. (I think)
Upper = Old / Bottom = New
old leg movement.PNG

fixed leg movement.PNG

Level 50
@Stefan.K Do you have any suggestions or constructive criticism to give?

I make a list on the first comment on what has to be fixed.

Aside from that i can give a small picture: the Upper is the old one and the bottom one is the newer one.

[-] He still has modelled hands.

[+] He attacks now sideways. Think of the Footmans 'Attack - 2' or the Pitlords attacks.

[+] I also fixed the leg problem. It bends now right. (I think)
Upper = Old / Bottom = New
If I was you I would first adjust the mesh parts, like arms, they shouldn't look just like circle made mesh, think about it. Overall I think whole mesh looks wrong. Just take a look at in game centaur models, you'll notice the differences about the legs. Just compare the centaur model with your and you will see what you need to fix.