• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lurker

Keywords:
lurker, zerg, science fiction
Contents

Lurker (Model)

Reviews
Werewulf: No valid reason for disapproval and highly desired.

M

Werewulf: No valid reason for disapproval and highly desired.

Level 1
Is there anyway to have it in burrowed form, like a model? so it can attack underground.

Level 3
This is an awsome model. I im making a protoss level as we speak. But I need you to make ALL of the Starcraft models if you could. Such as minerals, drgoons, medics, Dark Temlar, Archons, etc. If you could I would really appreciate it!

Level 2
Ok... about the no attack animation...
THERE IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE AN ATTACK ANIMATION.
The lurker burrows itself then attacks with subterranean spines which, in starcraft, doesnt have an attack animation.
Also... This is a VERY nice model but... it could use 1 change... Its upper body should be hunched over because it looks too tall to be a lurker.

Level 2
I like his death, lol. His blood is in the shape of a star. Anyway, I found one little error. When he walks, it you zoom in, you can see little cracks in his tail that reveal blackness. That's the only error I could find though! Good job! 10/10

Level 2
To all peeps that want realistic attack for it: ok heres what you do, give it the burrow ability and create 2 units for lurker. A unburrowed and burrowed version. Now edit the burrowed version by giving it a impale skill that has a 1.25 sec cooldown, auto-cast , no mana cost, no stunning or flying into the air. Now u got the perfect attack for it cause it does the spikes through ground :wink:

Level 1
EXCELLENT MODEL my only wish is that it had an attack i would have liked to use it as a mutated spider model or sumthin :D 5/5

Level 3
Halo Warlord or anyone else:

Autocast on an ability? How do i do that? When i look at the impale ability in the object editor i see no such thing!

Someone! Please point me in the right direction. Shall i write some cryptic code in Text - Order String - Activate? Add an Art - Icon - Turn Off?

Im lost :)

Level 3
U don't need autocast, halowarlord doesn't know wtf he is talking about. Tho i have an idea how to, there is an easier way. Simply, give the burrowed version an atk. U choose the dmg and cooldown, and change the animation to Impale (under abils). Also make it a missile (line) atk. Then u have it.

Level 2
Could you add a death alternate animation? The death animation doesn't work well if it dies while burrowed. It doesn't need to be a complex animation, just blood spruting out of its burrow would be perfect. :D

"Look at the SC Ghost Lurker"

If you are talking about this shot http://www.blizzard.com/ghost/ScreenShot.aspx?ImageIndex=17&Set=2 for the ghost lurker you have one too many legs (the 5th is directly behind the lurker, if you look at the brood war animations you can just barely see this) and it is still a little tall.

Level 9
Guys it has no paths. Just change the Import File path to whatever the file name of the texture is, example, it normally says :

war3mapimported\Lurker.blp -
Change it to
Lurker.blp

Its that easy.

Level 1
About the paths...

i got the ones for the blps

but about the .MDX do i go from war3impoprted/Zerg Lurker.MDX
to just-
Zerg Lurker.MDX or what?

-edit
nvm i figured it out, awsome model btw!! 20/10

Level 3
U F***ing call that a lurker all u just did is spliced the Blizzard Hyrdalisk and add extra legs and thats it jesus christ even i could do a better job making a lurker which is sad b/c my comp cant even run a model editor or w/e there called and there are a LOT of things wrong with this lurker

HE IS NOT SPOUSED TO LOOK LIKE A F***ING HYRDALISK
HE IS NOT SPOUSED TO BE TALLER THAN A HYRDALISK
he has no tail; which is spoused to have a tail 2 spikes that looks like a waxing moon
he should only have 2 arms and 4 legs u just added 6 more legs which isnt right at ALL
the LEGS ARE NOT SPOUSED TO LOOK LIKE THE HYRDALISK CLAWS; his legs are bigger and have 2 claws that look like a waxing moon like the tail
TOO F***ING MANY HORNS HE IS ONLY SPOUSED TO HAVE 6 2 LARGE A$$ ONES THAT LOOK LIKE THE THRONS ARUA EXCEPT NOT CRUVED AND 4 SMALL ONES
AND U REALLY F***ED UP THE BURROWING ANIMATION HE IS NOT SPOUSED TO FALL APART WHEN HE BURROWS
PLUS HES ALMOST SPOUSED TO LOOK LIKE A SPIDER; LET ALONE WHAT U MADE

-10/10

Level 2
I LOVE IT!!!!!

Now we turn our attention to Nightmare_104, where he is the only one in this forum that dosent like this model ....jerk

ANYWAY!!! 5/5 great model :D

Level 2
Man i need the paths for this. i used the ones where i only use its name i.e Lurker.blp, but it still doesnt work for me. Can someone reply with the FULL paths for this unit? i need it for my StarShip Troopers map.

Edit: Woops i forgot, 798/10
This model rocks... actually every singe starcraft model rocks, no wonder considering the Starcraft game was/is one of the best RTS games of our time. Thx again!

Level 1
Awesome looking model. I never played SC before but this looks cool. 5/5
Replying to Sullivan
The paths for blp. are as they are shown on page.Just remove 'war3imported'.Mdx, u just remove 'war3imported'.Then save map, close W.E, then reload and applly mdl to a unit. It should work.

Level 2
Whoa! It's a Lurker!
In my opinion, the Death animation is... uhh, weird.
Anyways, awesome model! But please add an attack animation if possible.