• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lumber chop per second

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
stats - damage to tree, is this wood per chop stat too?

how to set chop speed? what is the defaullt? minimum and maximum?

Level 6
ok i tested and found out but i cant tell whats the lowest working value for Stats - Duration - Normal/Hero i tried setting it to 0.10 but they dont chop 10 times per second

follow up question, how other set tree hp to 100million? i can only set to 99999

Level 20
ok i tested and found out but i cant tell whats the lowest working value for Stats - Duration - Normal/Hero i tried setting it to 0.10 but they dont chop 10 times per second

follow up question, how other set tree hp to 100million? i can only set to 99999

Go to File >> Preferences >> Check the 'Allow negative real values in Object Editor' then go to the Object Editor and locate the tree that you wanted then shift + double click its Stats - Hit Points then you can edit it in whatever values (ex. 1000000
) you want.

Level 6
chop speed is depending on your units attack speed,...

doesnt depend on attack speed, i set attack cooldown to 8 and damage point to 0.1, backswing to 0.5, harvest duration to 0.1, and i get like 5 chops every 3 seconds

if number of dice and sides per die is both 0 what is the chop speed? on my tests i get 1 chop per second. harvest duration is set to less than 0.1, and backswing/damage point both set to 0.

Level 15
doesnt depend on attack speed, i set attack cooldown to 8 and damage point to 0.1, backswing to 0.5, harvest duration to 0.1, and i get like 5 chops every 3 seconds

if number of dice and sides per die is both 0 what is the chop speed? on my tests i get 1 chop per second. harvest duration is set to less than 0.1, and backswing/damage point both set to 0.

backswing/damage point only effect the animation of the unit
dice and sides per die only effect the damage of the unit

Level 28
@ millzy: "Combat - Animation - Damage Point" also affects the minimum attack speed of the unit.

The harvest speed of trees depends on both attack speed as well as the value "Stats - Duration - Normal" of the "Harvest"-ability.

Minimum:
About 1 chop every 0.10 seconds as far as I know.

Maximum:
Pretty much infinitely long.

Default:
1 chop every 1.1 seconds (why this is true even though the attack speed is higher, I do not know).

I don't know how 'exactly' this is calculated (yet), but I do know this:
"Combat - Animation - Backswing Point": limits the harvest speed to a low-bound.
"Combat - Cooldown Time": the higher this value, the lower the harvest speed.
"Stats - Duration - Normal": the higher this value, the lower the harvest speed.

Level 6
i made quite a few tests, took so long but found out what affects chop speed

backswing/damage point only effect the animation of the unit
dice and sides per die only effect the damage of the unit
time between chops = max(Stats - Duration - Normal, damagepoint+backswing)

dice and side set to 0 and your unit attack will be bugged, hence no attack or attack disabled and i think damagepoint+backswing defaults to original value for unit. so, time between chops = max(Stats - Duration - Normal, damagepoint+backswing)
@ millzy: "Combat - Animation - Damage Point" also affects the minimum attack speed of the unit.

The harvest speed of trees depends on both attack speed as well as the value "Stats - Duration - Normal" of the "Harvest"-ability.

Minimum:
About 1 chop every 0.10 seconds as far as I know.

Maximum:
Pretty much infinitely long.

Default:
1 chop every 1.1 seconds (why this is true even though the attack speed is higher, I do not know).

I don't know how 'exactly' this is calculated (yet), but I do know this:
"Combat - Animation - Backswing Point": limits the harvest speed to a low-bound.
"Combat - Cooldown Time": the higher this value, the lower the harvest speed.
"Stats - Duration - Normal": the higher this value, the lower the harvest speed.

min chop interval time @ 0 backswing 0 dmgpoint 0.01 Stats - Duration - Normal
once again, cooldown doesnt affect chop speed.

havent tested if you increase attackspeed of harvester

Level 28
kevs926 said:
once again, cooldown doesnt affect chop speed.

havent tested if you increase attackspeed of harvester
This is just absurd.
First you say it doesn't affect the harvest speed, then in the next sentence you say you didn't test it.

Anyway, it doesn't seem like it matters.
I was somehow getting varying results in my last test-map where the only difference was their attack speed, but I can't replicate that so I'm going to guess I forgot to edit another value.
(I've been quite lazy with both test-maps though :p).

Seems correct enough.
Max( Duration, Backswing Point + Damage Point)​

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Duration Normal of the harvest ability defines harvest rate.
However like attack rate, it can be animation limited. In this case it uses the animation point and backswing of Attack 1 of a unit. It will then deal damage to the tree based on what the unit is set to deal with its tree attack. Each hit will generate lumber as specified by the ability up the the ability carrying limit.

Level 6
This is just absurd.
First you say it doesn't affect the harvest speed, then in the next sentence you say you didn't test it.

increasing attack speed (bloodlust, unholy frenzy, etc.), also decreases damage point, havent tested if it affects chop rate

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Chop Rate is based on the ability duration defined in harvest. This value is limited by animation values of attack 1. This means that if you have a harvest rate of 2 on a normal peasant it will not make him harvest faster. If you have a harvest rate of 0.1 then if it does effect animation speed it will make them harvest faster.

Level 6
does animation speeds get affected by attack speed buffs? if so, then Bloodlust might cause a faster harvesting rate given the right conditions

Status
Not open for further replies.