• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lukas' Arena 0.16

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Its hero arena with heroes:
My real friends
My warcraft 3 friends

Version 0.08:
First ver Added lukaslucznik and Jurgen
0.01 Added creeps
0.02 Hero David
0.03 Hero Arthur and Kamil
0.04 Upgraded by Winged_wlp
0.05 Hero Kondrad and thunder caster
0.06 First special heroes(wc3 friends)
0.07 Second special heroes
0.07d Secret hero
0.07e second secret hero, updated skills, faster revieve
0.07f third secret hero, updated avager hero
0.08 updated terain,items and created multiboard(sry i dont know how make kills, i'll make it in next ver.(i'll try))
0.09-0.16 Updated multiboard(kills deaths), Updated skills, Better fountains, new heroes, events.

Keywords:
Lukas Arena Hero Magic Hiveworkshopmodels
Contents

Lukas' Arena 0.16 (Map)

Reviews
16:32, 16th Aug 2009 ap0calypse: Rejected Read post #3 for the information

M

16:32, 16th Aug 2009
ap0calypse: Rejected

Read post #3 for the information

Level 28
Congratulations, you have succeeded in creating what is in my top-10 worst triggers I've ever seen (in a real map that is - I've created the worst trigger ever, just to test what it was capable of, but that's not the point here).

• WMove
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.01 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Wpredkosc = (Random integer number between 30 and 34)
      • Set WN = (Player number of (Random player from WWingedSkillPlayers))
      • Unit - Move WWingedSlideUnit[WN] instantly to ((Position of WWingedSlideUnit[WN]) offset by (Real(Wpredkosc)) towards ((Acos((((Real(Wpredkosc)) / 2.00) / (Distance between (Position of WWingedSlideUnit[WN]) and (Position of WTargetunit[WN]))))) + ((Angle from (Position of WWingedSlideUnit[WN]) to (Posit, facing (Angle from (Position of WWingedSlideUnit[WN]) to (Position of WTargetunit[WN])) degrees
Every 0.01 seconds (that is 100 times a second), this trigger activates.
First of all: 0.01 seconds is rarely used, 0.03 is a better options (33 times / sec).
Then we have the part that make this trigger awful: there is only 1 real action in this trigger, the rest is setting up variables.
You have succeeded in creating 8 leaks (if I've counted correctly, it might also be 6-7) into this 1 trigger.

A trigger that runs the entire game at a rate of 100 times a second with 6-8 leaks in 1 action.
600-800 leaks/second with only 1 action and 1 event, you have to say: that is

If you would like to see a picture of what leaks can do, here it is:

seriousleaks.jpg

Okay, this is a Paladin after 3.5 seconds, there is only 1 trigger, no doodads, a plain 32x32 map and it is (or better: was) the standard paladin.
If you're still not convinced, then ask yourself "Why is there a black screen after a game is finished? Why does my map lag? Why are there critical errors?"
All of them lead to the leaks...

And believe me: there are a lot more leaks in your map, the triggers alone would be a perfect reason for rejection.
But (unfortunately?), that's not where it stops: the terrain is really bad, it's a flat terrain with bad tileset variation, terrible doodad choice and position, you've spammed a lot of units, the return bug hasn't been fixed, you've used WEU's advanced functions, ...

I will put it in a simple way: this map is doomed and - unless you've thoroughly read some leak tutorials and ditched WEU (except for the terraining) - all your maps will be like this.