1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[General] Lower terrain does not give shallow water

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by Paulus, Nov 9, 2014.

1. Paulus

Paulus

Resources:
    Resources:
    Dear Hivers,

by lowering my terrain not everywhere is shallow water created. Do you know whats preventing the water there?

[​IMG]

thx in advance

Attached Files:

2. jopi

jopi

Resources:
    Resources:
    well for me this looks like you haven't placed water in the whole area you want to have shallow water (with rolling shores) before. You have to place water first in the whole area you want to later lower to get shallow water.

If its not the case then I would say water + blight is a No,no, but thats only a guess, I haven't tested it

3. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    The nodes are missing the water flag. That flag is only set when lowering cliff level with water in the editor. Outside the editor you could use any W3E library and some programming to force it on for every tile.

4. Paulus

Paulus

Resources:
    Resources:
    The strange thing is, i began the map in shallow water and raised everything. So when lowering it should bring water. After somewhat f-ing around i even lost more watertiles.

5. sonofjay

sonofjay

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    This is one of the most frustrating bug of World Editor. Usually, copying a water part of the terrain and pasting it on the area where you need it works but since world editor can only grab rectangular areas this might cause some inconvenience. Advanced Terrainers usually imports a waterplane.mdx and make their own custom water area since its more reliable and more flexible to use than the water tile and it looks prettier.

6. Paulus

Paulus

Resources:
    Resources:
    Blight and shallow water seems not to like each other.
    Thx sonofay for insight and sollution +rep

7. ic3_water

ic3_water

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Raise that area higher than water level.
    Then lower the location that you want to have water.