• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Lower terrain does not give shallow water

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Dear Hivers,

by lowering my terrain not everywhere is shallow water created. Do you know whats preventing the water there?

attachment.php

thx in advance

Attachments

• waterproblem.jpg
    waterproblem.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 317
Level 10
well for me this looks like you haven't placed water in the whole area you want to have shallow water (with rolling shores) before. You have to place water first in the whole area you want to later lower to get shallow water.

If its not the case then I would say water + blight is a No,no, but thats only a guess, I haven't tested it

Level 6
The strange thing is, i began the map in shallow water and raised everything. So when lowering it should bring water. After somewhat f-ing around i even lost more watertiles.

Level 28
This is one of the most frustrating bug of World Editor. Usually, copying a water part of the terrain and pasting it on the area where you need it works but since world editor can only grab rectangular areas this might cause some inconvenience. Advanced Terrainers usually imports a waterplane.mdx and make their own custom water area since its more reliable and more flexible to use than the water tile and it looks prettier.

Level 6
Blight and shallow water seems not to like each other.
Thx sonofay for insight and sollution +rep

Status
Not open for further replies.