• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

LOTR: the campaign to end all campaigns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
If it's been done before, nuts to me for making a better one. I intend to create a single player campaign covering the entire lotr trilogy. It is going to take a really long time, and it is going to be a lot of work, but it will be great when it's done. The way I intend to do it is this:
1) Recruit a team of willing, active hive members that will stay dedicated to the project
2) recruit the skills of a modeller/skinner for various things
3) divide up the maps amongst the team

Recruirements to be a team member:
1) You must be willing to stay with the project and work on it
2) i'm very flexible about working with peoples schedules. I don't set deadlines or anything because I know my own schedule is very busy as well
3) You must have MSN in order to communicate and share files related to the map
4) You must have a good grasp of the world editor for example: knowing how to attatch objects to characters (weapons, armour) etc.

Post here if you are interested. I expect this project to take a long time and I intend to make full use of all the help the hive people can give me:D

Hoping to have a beta for the fellowship and two towers sections done by december holiday season perhaps. I intend to use my LOTR atlas to its fullest extent for the maps, import sound clips for cinematics and custom skins and models. The way i'm going to do it: create maps with quests for parts of the movie that you can actually participate in (flee from hobbiton with nazgul in pursuit) and create cinematics for the rest (nazgul asking the Gaffer if he knows of 'baggins'). wish me luck, expect updates now and then and perhaps even my own forum for this project, Ralle be willing, after it has begun and i've got some stuff to show you all. :D

Level 24
I remember when I tryed making my campaign and I got to busy with Arcarius. I will help, I can make Cinematics if you want for it and triggering, and maybe even a bit of terrain. I'll get your msn and talk to you about it there.

Level 36
yay!

What do you mean poison? lol. and Bob, yes, that would be really great. My goal for the cinematics is to make them look as close to the movie as possible (the first thing I got into my head when I was thinking about this was the Nazgul sitting on the road sniffing while the hobbits hide). any help I can get from everyone will be appreciated, and help with the cinematics is always needed:D

Level 36
yeah, I intend to start with the introduction, but i was just saying thats the first thing I began thinking about when i pondered what I wanted my cinematics to look like. Obviously I will start somewhere along the way of Bilbo's 111th birthday party and go from there :D I will let everyone know what they need to do for me when I know myself ;)

Level 7
i dont meen to be a dick and all, but do u guys really think u can finish this? If u guys can, i will be IMPRESSED!!!!! Personnally i dont think it can be done. it took one guy 2 years to make a cinematic of the LOTR. Mind you it took him those 2 years to make the first chapter alone into the cinema. 2 years of work = 1 chapter in a 1000 page trilogy. You guys have a lot of work ahead of you. i mean a lot! good luck though, i hope u finish it!

Level 12
Well, do you really have the heart to finish this? I mean, it sounds so scary bring part of the team, you'll need many many models, and when you include all, the file may be oversized, and nobody will seriously donwload it...anyway, good luck, I hope you stay commited on this project i would really like to play a LOTR campaign on wc3...btw there are some LOTR models and skins at www.wc3sear.ch ...

I also didnt mean to be blunt, but Durotarlord is right, you guys SERIOUSLY think you can finish this?

Level 24
Well a few things I would surgest.

Rather then making three whole campaigns, make one and have all of the major events in it (eg. Minas Tirith, Helms Deep, Moria, etc). Its possible for anyone to make one campaign if they stick with it. As for models and skins there arn't many lotr models or skins anyway so I doubt he will be able to make map size huge without imported music or sounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.