• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

LOTR movie

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Lord of the ring movie.
duration: 2:10

Start map in first slot.
Its my first movie in Warcraft 3. But I think its really good movie.

Enjoy :)
Contents

LOTR movie (Map)

Reviews
18:43, 23rd Jan 2011 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 5
- Bad description: you dont give us enough information about the cinematic
- Minimap preview doesnt seems good: terrain seems plain but will check and tell what i think

Edit: Too short, no story and some pointless actions like why did footman surrond that shadow if it already smashed a bit of their army and the paladin? they were waiting for their death(also its hard to know without dialogues)

Level 8
Okay, watched it:
- First of all, use BB Codes to improve description.
- There's no music? And terrain is plain and flat as well (no offense) xP (Village Fall doesn't fit Mordor to be honest)
- Sauron's model isn't working.
- No custom models :/ And by the way, what's with Skeleton Archers? And Mordor Orcs are gray, not green ._. FrIkY's Brown Orc skins could fit better in my opinion.
- What's with the "test.mp3" import?
- No credits (for the Sauron model and people (if there are any) who helped you)
- Cameras are almost always...steady...not moving.
- TRIGGER LEAKS @_@ Honestly, 25 cinematic triggers that could be combined in...one...or two...
- Don't use the Victory screen, nor make the player see that he's victorious. Just hide the score screen and victory dialog. Also, why did you make Player 12 victorious?
- Why did Footmen surround Sauron/the mysterious shadow? In the movie, both Orcs and Humans did...
- You forgot Mount Doom? xD

You should add dialogs too in my opinion...like a Storyteller for those who haven't watched the movie.
2/5 and Vote for Rejection.

Level 10
Um, shouldn't this Cinematic be a little bit longer if it's LoTR? I mean like I said I've never watched it, but it's probably longer than 2 min. and 10 sec. I know it's probably only like at the most 5 important scenes from the movie, but the movie is probably... I don't know from 1:30:00-2:00:00 long. If you wanted to just whip something up really quick this is okay... I guess, though you shouldn't do that and upload it here if you catch my drift.

Level 8
Um, shouldn't this Cinematic be a little bit longer if it's LoTR? I mean like I said I've never watched it, but it's probably longer than 2 min. and 10 sec. I know it's probably only like at the most 5 important scenes from the movie, but the movie is probably... I don't know from 1:30:00-2:00:00 long. If you wanted to just whip something up really quick this is okay... I guess, though you shouldn't do that and upload it here if you catch my drift.

Well, most LotR cinematics (like this one) are basically the intro of the first movie, Humans and Elves marching to Mordor, fighting Orcs, Sauron comes in, kills Humans, Isildur kills Sauron, Sauron explodes, Humans and Orcs near him die, cinematic ends. And well, movies are 2+ hours if they're the extended editions and stuff.

Level 10
Well, most LotR cinematics (like this one) are basically the intro of the first movie, Humans and Elves marching to Mordor, fighting Orcs, Sauron comes in, kills Humans, Isildur kills Sauron, Sauron explodes, Humans and Orcs near him die, cinematic ends. And well, movies are 2+ hours if they're the extended editions and stuff.

Huh, well that sounds lame. And also, now I think the title should be LoTR Intro or something a little less misleading to prevent future misconceptions.

Level 28
  • Bad camera use (very static, moves sloppy).
  • Bad terrain (empty, a few obvious hills and a few cliffs, nothing more).
  • Import fails.
  • Weak battle scenes (soldiers bump against each other all the time, actual battles look more turn-based than real-time).
  • Very poor triggering. Just look at the trigger name: "scene 1 Copy Copy Copy Copy Copy Copy Copy Copy Copy Copy Copy Copy Copy Copy Copy", I mean seriously...
    You also have leaks and all triggers are inefficient.
  • Not original (this exact scene already exists on the hive, but then better).