• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lost CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I bought two Frozen throne and Choas from Toys“R”Us Discs when i was kid, at least 10 years ago
and I returned to play Warcraft and found only the frozen throne Disc which contains the CD and all, but can't find the Region one, however I created account, put my CD into the account of battlenet and it gave me option to download it and it's all good, I have patch 1.28 and both region of choas and frozen throne works, however when i try to connect online, it says key invalid and sometimes it says cannt connect to the internet
any idea on what I could do?

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Please read our Rules regarding thread bumping. Thank you.

The story so far:

You have been using TFT v1.26a for some time now. You have recently tried to upgrade to v1.27b but failed, because your version of the game is not properly installed. Someone suggested that you create an account on Battle.Net, which you did.

Later on, you seem to have managed to upgrade to v1.28(.?), by using a digital download of the game.

I understand that you can not find your retail box version of Reign of Chaos (which you refer to as 'region of choas' for some reason). You say you bought it along with TFT from Toys“R”Us some 10 years ago or so. You provide a screenshot of the contents of your RoC CD, which honestly feels a bit strange to me (I do not remember any of the official Blizzard installers to be made that way, but I could be wrong).

Now, since you claim to have successfully upgraded your game to at least v1.28, it means that your CD-Keys are now stored in plain text in the files roc.w3k and tft.w3k. Please follow the links I provide.

Therefore, please attach your RoC CD-Key to your Battle.Net account the same way you did with your TFT CD-Key. You need genuine CD-Keys to use the game, since Warcraft 3 is not free.

Last edited:
Level 3
Please read our Rules regarding thread bumping. Thank you.

The story so far:

You have been using TFT v1.26a for some time now. You have recently tried to upgrade to v1.27b but failed, because your version of the game is not properly installed. Someone suggested that you create an account on Battle.Net, which you did.

Later on, you seem to have managed to upgrade to v1.28(.?), by using a digital download of the game.

I understand that you can not find your retail box version of Reign of Chaos (which you refer to as 'region of choas' for some reason). You say you bought it along with TFT from Toys“R”Us some 10 years ago or so. You provide a screenshot of the contents of your RoC CD, which honestly feels a bit strange to me (I do not remember any of the official Blizzard installers to be made that way, but I could be wrong).

Now, since you claim to have successfully upgraded your game to at least v1.28, it means that your CD-Keys are now stored in plain text in the files roc.w3k and tft.w3k. Please follow the links I provide.

Therefore, please attach your RoC CD-Key to your Battle.Net account the same way you did with your TFT CD-Key. You need genuine CD-Keys to use the game, since Warcraft 3 is not free.
I would ask you politely not to think I'm using fake copy, I have the legal copies, and I'm ready to Prove it whenever you want and however you like, here's what happened, I saw the new blizzard trailer of world of Warcraft, battle of Azeroth which warcraft used to be my childhood, me and my childhood friend used to play it all time and even pretend we are them and play, and even convinced ourselves they are real and stuff, and you know, we grow up and left the game, and at that time runescape was the legend game in our city, which we started to play, and so my friend borrowed the discs from me because he had only TFT and i don't remember what happened to it, either way, I decided to come back, so i downloaded the game from internet and my friend saw me playing it and he told me that he still have the discs, but he got me the two discs and one cover, I told him about the other cover, he said he think he throw it out because it broke, anyway, so I went to battle.net and did the rest (which we didn't know there was such thing, we didn't know english at that time), and you see the problem i'm having
and thank you for helping, i'll try now and see if that works

pyf

pyf

Level 32
I would ask you politely not to think I'm using fake copy, I have the legal copies [...]
When one buys the game (be it the Retail version or the Digital Download version), what one really buys are the CD-Keys. Having the original CDs mean nothing.

[...] my friend borrowed the discs from me because he had only TFT and i don't remember what happened to it [...]
One can not install TFT without installing RoC first.
I hope your friend did not use your CD-Keys to install the game, and then connect to Battle.Net.

[...] either way, I decided to come back, so i downloaded the game from internet [...]
From Blizzard, you mean?

[...] and thank you for helping, i'll try now and see if that works
You're welcome.

For the record, one is not supposed to install multiple copies of Warcraft 3 by using the same CD-Key. Back in the old days, it was possible to do spawn installations. Unfortunately, this feature is not available with Warcraft 3.

Spawn installation - Wikipedia

Level 3
When one buys the game (be it the Retail version or the Digital Download version), what one really buys are the CD-Keys. Having the original CDs mean nothing.

One can not install TFT without installing RoC first.
I hope your friend did not use your CD-Keys to install the game, and then connect to Battle.Net.

From Blizzard, you mean?

You're welcome.

For the record, one is not supposed to install multiple copies of Warcraft 3 by using the same CD-Key. Back in the old days, it was possible to do spawn installations. Unfortunately, this feature is not available with Warcraft 3.

Spawn installation - Wikipedia
yes
you buy the Cover itself of the game which have the CD and the keys in the cover
and i can't find
  • roc.w3k - Reign of Chaos key
edit: nvm, it worked finally

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.