1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Choose your ride to damnation in the 5th Special Effect Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The winners of the 13th Techtree Contest have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Vote for the best entries in the 13th Music Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Loss of the Dragonkind

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by [DragonSS]amurai-X, Aug 26, 2004.

?

Do you like the basic idea about it?

1. Yes, it looks great!

100.0%
  2. What is that??

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No, and it doesn' t deserve a whole topic about it.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes, but it could have some changes.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. So-so.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. [DragonSS]amurai-X

[DragonSS]amurai-X

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hi, this is a thread concerning my new map, Loss of the Dragonkind. What' s it about:

The Horde want to use the power of the Dragons to control over the Earth. Join the Horde and conquer this world, or defend it with the Mages of the Dragonlands on the Battlefield in the region of Agrenor.

It features tons of custom skins, units, and spells, downloaded mostly from this site. I will give credits to anyone helping me, for it should be for spells, unit creation, balancing, or terrain. Feel free to post comments about it and to answer my poll. Informations on the progress will be displayed on this post.

"========================"
    Current Progress

Terrain: 12%
    Units creation: 5%
    Spells creation: 8%
    Abilities creation: 4%
    Balancing: 2%
    Triggers: 0%

News

I did some spells and heroes, also made an overall terrain idea what it would look like.

As you can see, I' m just starting the map... Help will be appreciated :wink:

2. Leinad

Leinad

Resources:
    Resources:
    hmmm

It sounds original. Its probably not something that I would be dieing to play over and over again but still its fresh and would probably look cool with all the skins and stuff. I would say its a 4 out of 5 idea.

3. Mistix

Mistix

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'll gladly help u with a few things. Just gimme a Pm and we can talk

4. SnaKy

SnaKy

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I can help too... :D (skinz,ideaz)

5. [DragonSS]amurai-X

[DragonSS]amurai-X

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks much for the support guys :D I already have much of skins and models, though I don' t want to add more, due to the map size growing larger. I' ll really need spell ideas and terraining ideas. PM or email me if you got any ideas, or just post them here, thanks again. :)

6. SeaGull1723

SeaGull1723

Resources:
    Resources:
    The idea looks good. But somehow it's not a whole lot original.

7. Modeler

Modeler

Resources:
    Resources:

Well it sounds cool but is it gunna be something that would really "wow" the croud?

8. [DragonSS]amurai-X

[DragonSS]amurai-X

Resources:
    Resources:
    Why does it sounds familiar? Because it is an AoS. Why would it be different? Because it uses different tileset and no triggers and spells are from other ones, and other reasons make this map special. Is it gonna be a map that will excite the crowd? I don' t know. What I can say is that I will put all my efforts into this map, and try to make it as best as possible. I can only tell when I' ve finished.

9. [DragonSS]amurai-X

[DragonSS]amurai-X

Resources:
    Resources:
    Today I found errors in my spells. I have some trigger-enhanced spells implemented in my map, and I tried to take example on 1)ragonspawn's The Endspell. However he has a custom script that puts an error message, that it is awaiting for a response: local location_udg_tempLocation or something like this. Please help!

10. [DragonSS]amurai-X

[DragonSS]amurai-X

Resources:
    Resources:
    If I could get some support, I would be graceful :)

I have a question: What triggers you use to make a star graphism, for example? You use the polars or anything else?