• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lorderon Arena OpenBeta

Lorderon Arena v0.8
This is the first map Ive made so please give me some feedback.
This map is designed for a team of 3 - 5 people. Solo is nigh impossible.
Currently there is one tavern of 12 hero's to select from. There are 3 tier's of items for each hero class to purchase and several other misc universal items.
Currently there are 15 levels which consist s of 2 waves of mobs and 1 boss. A well balanced team is very important, i.e. a healer, a tank and some crowd control.
Ive used Widgetizer and Vex's Optimizer so the map is hopefully protected. Id really appreciate feedback and bugs should be sent to [email protected].
v0.8
-Various Hero balances
--Made Druid resto and a lot better at healing
--Arms Warrior redone
--Fixed Rogue
-New Unlockable hero's
-Increased mob health but decreased mob armor
-Increased some Boss's difficulty
--Geomancer will now also Shockwave
--Hydromancer's Sea Elemental's will cast Crushing Wave
--Pyromancer will now aoe silence within 400 range
Cheers
Contents

Lorderon Arena OpenBeta (Map)

Reviews
11:45, 5th Apr 2009 by bounty hunter2: Proper resource crediting X (Credit everyone by name!) Proper description √ (A couple of images wouldn't hurt.) Proper author name √ Doesn't crash √ A arena type map, where players must fight...

M

11:45, 5th Apr 2009 by bounty hunter2:
Rules

Proper resource crediting X (Credit everyone by name!)
Proper description(A couple of images wouldn't hurt.)
Proper author name
Doesn't crash
Review

A arena type map, where players must fight against hordes of incoming monsters. You buy items to pump yourself up.

To start, the terrain is very poorly done. Plain, poor tileset variation, lack of dodoads, lack of height variation and most of all the lack of obstacles.

The heroes are interesting, but the spells aren't. They are mostly remade warcraft abilities. You also have problems with the button placing. You should use: X1, Y1,2,3,4, and then X2 and Y1. You lack better tooltips and the hotkeys for the heroes in taverns.

The gameplay is well interesting, since teamplay is essential, and it's partially original. However what I don't like is the annoying camera, there should be a choice to lock to normal camera.
Conclusion

Overall, a average to lacking map, Approved with a 2/5 (Lacking) rating.

Level 1
Hey I love this map. we played it together serveral times will you update it in the future?
I would be looking forward to see a new version.