• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

LordDzs Party! Release 1.

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
LordDz's Party

So this is basicly a clone of the famous Uther Party, except with new (no shit?) and more wierd minigames. Those include:

Avoid the hammer
If someone throws a hammer against you, what do you do? RUN!

Ninja

This will make you paranoid, wind walk wars.

Ensnared Panda
Avoid a panda, throw nets at others to kill them.

Witch Hunters
Kill others and use your anti magic to block attacks from the witch hunters

Raise Mania
Raise skeletons to kill each other.

Test Subject XXI
Zap an ogre or a pitlord onto the other players.

Slide Wars
Sliding + Ice ^^ .

Mortar Combat
It is what it sounds like.

Secret Gametype
Hint: It's the gametype EVERYONE loves!

More minigames will come, please share ideas if you want. (I'll add ya to credits list).
So send some feedback, play it with FRIENDS (sure, there's some comp ai for some of the minis, but.. play it with friends!)

AI does exist, not the best but it works far enough.

Map has been several times tested against bugs, but if you find any please add them here. Also comments are welcome :) .

Keywords:
LordDz, Party, Uther Party, Mini, Game, fun, happy
Contents

LordDzs Party! Release 1. (Map)

Reviews
19:45, 27th Feb 2009 by bounty hunter2: Septimus has given more then enough reasons to reject this map, seems that it has a lot of memory leaks. Rejected until Updated.

M

19:45, 27th Feb 2009 by bounty hunter2:
Septimus has given more then enough reasons to reject this map, seems that it has a lot of memory leaks. Rejected until Updated.

Level 31
Ok, here is my review about the map.

1) The AI was way too weak even at Insane difficulty, infact it seems like there is almost no AI at all. I win the Hammer Throw event in less than 10 seconds? A AI suppose to give a player a challenge and to give the player a little practice before they begin to host the game at LAN/Internet, not to give them a big yawn.
2) The Ninja event, the ninja walk soo slow that even a turtle could outrun it. It was much better with the origin speed. And this event? It does exist at other party genre map.
3) AI seems to be dumb at Witch Hunter event, all they ever did was to cast the spell. When they run out of mana, they do nothing and let the hunter killed them.
4) Witch Hunter event said I killed the most and earn 1 point? Did't that event suppose to said who survive the longest? Seems like you have a bug over here,
5) At Raise Wars, those AI only attack those creep but never summon skeleton.
6) AI doesn't seems to work at most of the event. If you add an AI, they are suppose to be working at every event.
7) Mortar seems to have ability, but the ability cannot be used.
8) Some ability have hotkey error
9) AOS event was badly develop. Infact, most of the item was pointless.
10) Even though I kill nobody at Witch Hunter event, it still said I killed the most and earn 1 point?
11) Poorly develop trigger, most of it contain memory leak and could be optimize for a better performance. It's no wonder the AOS event was lagging during when it was play at full house (8 player), user with bad internet connection would have trouble to play a map that contain memory leak. The leak trigger in your map are repetitive as well, thus it was unacceptable. Bad connect + memory leak = Disconnect/Lag

After I test it at single player, I went to host it at LAN/Internet. But 70% of the time I failed to host it at full house (8 player) due to the file size of 900kb. There is a little event in this map and yet the file size was 900kb?
Hosting this at full house and a lag occur. Why? Cause it contain memory leak in the trigger and it was repetitive, with bad internet connection that could spell disconnect. 3-4 player disconnect due to this problem.

Actually I want to give this map a 2/5 (Lacking), however the memory leak cause a lag/disconnect issue. Thus, I vote it 1/5 (Unacceptable). Please fix it

Last edited:
Level 25
Ok, here is my review about the map.

1) The AI was way too weak even at Insane difficulty, infact it seems like there is almost no AI at all. I win the Hammer Throw event in less than 10 seconds? A AI suppose to give a player a challenge and to give the player a little practice before they begin to host the game at LAN/Internet, not to give them a big yawn.
2) The Ninja event, the ninja walk soo slow that even a turtle could outrun it. It was much better with the origin speed. And this event? It does exist at other party genre map.
3) AI seems to be dumb at Witch Hunter event, all they ever did was to cast the spell. When they run out of mana, they do nothing and let the hunter killed them.
4) Witch Hunter event said I killed the most and earn 1 point? Did't that event suppose to said who survive the longest? Seems like you have a bug over here,
5) At Raise Wars, those AI only attack those creep but never summon skeleton.
6) AI doesn't seems to work at most of the event. If you add an AI, they are suppose to be working at every event.
7) Mortar seems to have ability, but the ability cannot be used.
8) Some ability have hotkey error
9) AOS event was badly develop. Infact, most of the item was pointless.
10) Even though I kill nobody at Witch Hunter event, it still said I killed the most and earn 1 point?
11) Poorly develop trigger, most of it contain memory leak and could be optimize for a better performance. It's no wonder the AOS event was lagging during when it was play at full house (8 player), user with bad internet connection would have trouble to play a map that contain memory leak. The leak trigger in your map are repetitive as well, thus it was unacceptable. Bad connect + memory leak = Disconnect/Lag

After I test it at single player, I went to host it at LAN/Internet. But 70% of the time I failed to host it at full house (8 player) due to the file size of 900kb. There is a little event in this map and yet the file size was 900kb?
Hosting this at full house and a lag occur. Why? Cause it contain memory leak in the trigger and it was repetitive, with bad internet connection that could spell disconnect. 3-4 player disconnect due to this problem.

Actually I want to give this map a 2/5 (Lacking), however the memory leak cause a lag/disconnect issue. Thus, I vote it 1/5 (Unacceptable). Please fix it

Play it again on battle.net, I said that it had some AI not overpowered shit. It was meant to be played with people, not single player. Please vote due that and not single player.

Ninjas walking slow? Did you even use wind walk? You're supposed to walk slow in that one when you doesn't use wind walk.

And sure, I'll remove the music in the start.. it was just for fun.
And what you mean mortar got an ability... ? It's the normal Mortar Team guy, and unless they've made any real changes to that guy, the only ability he has is attack ground.

And I guess that in the witch event you used the ability DARK MAGIC? Aka, you can kill a player with that.. I stated in the map description that there were TWO ways of winning: Killing, or taking the most points or just survival.

Please remake the review as it's pretty clear that you have missed some parts ;) .

Level 31
Play it again on battle.net, I said that it had some AI not overpowered shit. It was meant to be played with people, not single player. Please vote due that and not single player.

You obviously does not read what I said back there. I test this map at single player and LAN/Internet. Also, the AI have 3 difficulty. Easy, Normal & Insane. A Insane AI should be insane, not a easy AI that give a big yawn to the user itself. Else, what makes you think the Blizzard Entertainment implement a AI with 3 type of difficulty?

Ninjas walking slow? Did you even use wind walk? You're supposed to walk slow in that one when you doesn't use wind walk.

Yes, I do use wind walk. But once the mana was depleted, trying to walk towards a dying enemy was nearly impossible.

And sure, I'll remove the music in the start.. it was just for fun.
And what you mean mortar got an ability... ? It's the normal Mortar Team guy, and unless they've made any real changes to that guy, the only ability he has is attack ground.

If you check the mortar team, you would notice they have a ability.

And I guess that in the witch event you used the ability DARK MAGIC? Aka, you can kill a player with that.. I stated in the map description that there were TWO ways of winning: Killing, or taking the most points or just survival.

Read carefully, I state that I killed nobody and it still indicate I killed the most.

Please remake the review as it's pretty clear that you have missed some parts ;) .

No, I won't. It was clear that you did not read my entire post.

Level 25

Yeah, I'll fix the bugs..
The mortar abilitys.. those were just the normal wc3 ladder ones, so they didn't do any real harm.

Just don't.. Vote it like 1/5.. That makes it feel like it SUCKS, (like those maps with 1 tree and a hero).

But I'll fix the bugs.. and remove/fix AI.

EDIT: The ninjas are supposed to be like that, that way you can't spam windwalk and hide, and not run away from an opponent. there's also a potion of speed in one of the boxes. ;)

Last edited:
Level 31
Yeah, I'll fix the bugs..
The mortar abilitys.. those were just the normal wc3 ladder ones, so they didn't do any real harm.

Remove those ability, useless ability should not be available.

Just don't.. Vote it like 1/5.. That makes it feel like it SUCKS, (like those maps with 1 tree and a hero).

1/5 also known as Unacceptable, it was currently unacceptable to me due to the poor scripting that resulted into lag/disconnect.

But I'll fix the bugs.. and remove/fix AI.

Fix it soon, it have lot of flaw.

EDIT: The ninjas are supposed to be like that, that way you can't spam windwalk and hide, and not run away from an opponent. there's also a potion of speed in one of the boxes. ;)

Then at least make the movement speed normal and do not forget, there is a limit of the potion as well. So we cannot have potion all the time. Trying to chase a dying enemy was a tough thing to do when they are quite far.