• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lord_of_Sausage's Terrains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Hi all

I just started trying make some terrrains. I know they might look like others terrain, but thats the way im learning.

Enough talking. Here they are, give some constructive critism, or just rep xD

[Updated - 4 marts 09] - Two more screenies. Same picture, different time set.
Tried to do all of your suggestions (Better hills, Better fog, Not so bright, etc)

Attachments

• Mountains.JPG
    Mountains.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 558
  • Romance1.JPG
    Romance1.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 387
  • Romance2.JPG
    Romance2.JPG
    102.4 KB · Views: 412
Last edited:
Level 1
The sun seems to be cut off. The mountain blocking it is pretty much invisible. Also, the sun is over there but rays of light are coming from above.

It's simply too bright.

Level 19
zerker

User

Why the hell does a guy who registered five freaking years ago and has 4 posts pops up and says something?

On the topic:
Well yea rays are above the sun, the trees look bad.

Lol on that. ^^

Anyway, I suggest you try using a darker fog so that the mountain gets visible which is the kinda main issue here. Also try adding more detail to your terrain. I can see some areas in the forest which are totally empty. If you make shadows there and add more doodads, like grass and rock it will look much better! : )

Also Keep trying out making cool lightning effects. I think that's the most funny thing about terraining!! :D

Level 7
It isn't too bright, it just doesn't look pretty. Those trees are ugly, they ruin it. Try to find a couple of different trees that fit nice togeter and fit with the rest of the terrain.
Try to create some depth in your terrain by scaling trees in the background smaller, and add some trees on the mountains, it looks ugly when cut off like that.
About the foreground, try to use plants and rocks better there, and use some good tile variation there.
About the lightning, you should try to make it look more like it's comming from the sun, I believe ~Void~ made a tutorial about how to do that.

Attachments

• Mountains.PNG
    Mountains.PNG
    552.7 KB · Views: 342
Level 12
zerker

User

Why the hell does a guy who registered five freaking years ago and has 4 posts pops up and says something?

On the topic:
Well yea rays are above the sun, the trees look bad.

Why the hell does a guy who registered 4 freaking years ago and has 1122 posts pops up and say something?

On the topic: It is nice, but it is difficult to see anything, the picture is too smal also :)

Level 12
Because I am a regular poster. But who is this guy? Nvm.

§1-only the regular posters are allowed to post, nobody with less post than bounty hunter has is permitted to this site
§2-bounty hunter was NEVER here for first time, he logged and has 1000 post already
§3-this is going to offtopic
§4-I am ending this "flame" couse I won, you lose

Level 18
§1-only the regular posters are allowed to post, nobody with less post than bounty hunter has is permitted to this site
§2-bounty hunter was NEVER here for first time, he logged and has 1000 post already
§3-this is going to offtopic
§4-I am ending this "flame" couse I won, you lose

I never said anything like this, further more, this never was a flame. Now to tell you what is peculiar about the entire matter, that a guy, who registered when the site was opened, has four posts. I was wondering will he check this topic ever again and answer me. I just wanted to state that, I won't go anymore off topic, if you feel the need to write something more please PM me or visitor mesage. Thanks

Level 6
did you use a bushes on the sides of the picture? cause if you did it was not the thing to use

P.S. how do you take screen shots like that?

Level 10
Press V for game view, and in "Map Options" you can change the fog. Then just place your can how you want it (Hold Right mouse button, and move the mouse).

You may also go to Map preferences and change the sky, + you need a camera.

That mountain blocking the sun is a bit invisible.... And you should have more then 1 sort of trees.

Level 4
Hey for when your making trees try to set it to "Place Random Variation" it will make mass objects feel much more real, for example: not ten billion trees that are all exactly 10 feet tall "just a comment" =]

Level 4
uh lol ya.. Make it a volcanoe with fire cracks then make burnt of trees and dead bodies and the hellfire lord like YAAA I RULEZ DA VOLCANOES YAA .....then do whatever lol

Editing part-->Ya I am doing terrain too good luck with the fire scene I prefer graveyard scenes with zombies and things =]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.