• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lord of the Rings mapmakers...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Alright, I'm in search of map makers (triggerers, terrainers, skinners, modders, etc...) who are interested in LotR. I've been trying to make LotR maps for a while now, and realize that I can't alone because I don't have the skills. I'm good at terrain... that's it lol. Anybody who's interested in making brilliant LotR maps with me just sign here.

Level 7
I can help making models, spells, and some triggers.

I have worked on like 3 different LotR maps, but they were all never finished...

I already have some of the heroes done from one of my old maps with some cool spells and such. Just send me the info through PM.

Level 2
is the modle maker in the new version? (h4ck3d v3r510n) so i dont know how to model yet but im good at everything else (besides those damn cammeras) im open on weekends and some weekdays.

Level 3
frik man sounds fun i'd lov to help but im currently makin a map and i cant get on durin school wich is in like a week but if ur not done or dont have anybody in a year(LOL) wich u prolly will ill help (terrain/some trigs)! man i wish i could get on durin school (gotta get me grades up) GL

Level 4
Alright guys thanks for the positive replies, I have started on the first map's terrain. The map is currently called "The Mines of Moria" (subject to change), if any of you are seriously interested in this add me to Friend's list on Warcraft III and we can start batting around ideas for this map. If you aren't interested in this map, but are still interested in joining this little group, feel free to either start your own map or wait until we're done with this one. I will support you if you start a different map, but this map will take priority over it (to me at least). So far the list is...

Me: Terraining
Leissak: ??????

Make sure to inform me what you're best at, that way you don't get stuck with something you suck at lol. My name on B.Net is Lilbeelzebub@USEast

Level 4
Yeah I've got AIM, Littlebeelzbub1 (i use the name for pretty much everything lol)

Okay so here's the list so far...

Me: Terraining
leissaK: Objects (heroes, items, abilities, etc.), some Triggers
Xain: Triggers
Daveman: Not sure if I scared you off or not but I would like your help if I could get it.
VashStampedeO_O: (this guy's from Warcraft) triggers/cinematics

what we still need: skinner/modeler, possibly another terrainer for the big maps (the more people that work on terrain on a map the better, that way it isn't bland because multiple people can put their ideas on it).

Level 7
u probably don't want more than 1 person on triggers cause, like programming, most of the time unless things are very partitioned/segmented it just slows people down trying to work on and/or with other's triggers

Level 3
lol i love to help but i only can for 2 days so sry. but if u pm or add me to wc3 i can help work wid diff map later on. wc3: Shadow_Talon
Shadow_Talon:Terrain/objects,items,doodads,units.
gl

Level 4
Alright, well work on the terrain ensues. I was held back yesterday by having to remove a comp virus and a party so... yeah well I'll get started again on it today. So far I have the main hall (the one with the pillars and all), a small Dwarven city, Balin's Tomb (guess it isn't his tomb yet though), and I think that's it (although there are miscelaneous tunnels connecting everything).

Level 4
Alright we really need to schedule a time where we can all get together and share ideas. So far here are my thoughts...

Map starts with the Dwarves at the Western Entrance to Moria (where the Watcher is). They encounter the Watcher, are unable to beat it and run inside. The orcs start off in a more stable environment, they're gathering resources and building troops and all that. The Balrog has not entered the scene yet. Now here we have a problem. I originally intended the Balrog to be playable by someone, but if it isn't present yet what is the person using the Balrog supposed to do? Just sit and wait until the Dwarves find the artifact? In any case... the Dwarves have two objectives at the beginning. To find the weapon that awakes the Balrog, and to build an encampment. The encampment shouldn't be anything too spiffy, just a place to build Dwarven units (no techtree involved). The Orc's/Goblin's objective is to eliminate the Dwarves. Dwarf units should probably be free and very strong, but do cost food. The Orcs/Goblins shouldn't cost anything, but should be very weak. Now, after they get the artifact that awakens the Balrog a timer will start. The Dwarves win if they can survive in the Mines of Moria for that length of time, the Balrog and the Orcs/Goblins will win if they can kill them in that time. The Balrog and the Orcs/Goblins should be on different teams, but should be allied (minus vision). The terrain is still in the very early stages, I need other people to look at it before I get too much further. I don't want to keep working until I get everyone on the same page and the creative juices flowing. In any case those are my ideas... I need your input guys.

Level 6
ten bucks says i beat you to making a good LOTR campaign

seriously, i (just) started a LOTR campaign and realised how damn difficult it will be. If you take my way to do it, just use normal warcraft models as proxies (ie Fel Orcs as Urak Hai, Sylvannas as Legolas :? ) and write all the maps and triggers. Then go back and make your own models for everything.

:? I've already run into a problem on mine: there is no trigger that decreases cliff height for when the Helms deep wall blows up :S

not sure if that helped but hey, what u gonna do :wink:
Bort

Level 4
I can almost certainly assure you that you'll make a better one. Every single person who said they wanted to work on an LotR thing with me bailed out, so now I'm hellbent on making a Ring Wars-esque map, that's better than Ring Wars.

Level 7
I don't like the idea of gathering recourses... You should just have an army from the beggining and fight with it. We can make the dwarven army less in numbers but stronger units. And orcs would have a whole bunch, but easy to fight off.

Level 4
when I said gathering resources I meant basically just building units. The map itself is done (with changes that will be made eventually but not at the moment). I had a few friends of mine test it. Thus far it's a map devoid of triggers of any sort, I was only testing the unit strengths. Each dwarf hero has a different model. The Balrog starts about 5 feet away from Durin and the 2 dwarves that are with him. They have to run and meet up with the others. I added in Ungoliant for kicks, I thought they evil team needed another invincible hero. Both Ungoliant and Durin's Bane are unbeatable, each with 99 divine armor, 1000 hp regen, etc... and they do about 2k damage. Each dwarf can pretty much take 4 hits from one of them before he's dead. So far the only problem with the Balrog and Ungoliant is that they're too fast, which I've toned down. Now the orcs/goblins are way too strong. They shouldn't be able to kill any dwarf on their own without the assistance of a hero, but they did. We were all raped in under 5 minutes lol. So basically... whenever you can look at the map PM me or something.

Level 2
Bort said:
ten bucks says i beat you to making a good LOTR campaign

seriously, i (just) started a LOTR campaign and realised how damn difficult it will be. If you take my way to do it, just use normal warcraft models as proxies (ie Fel Orcs as Urak Hai, Sylvannas as Legolas :? ) and write all the maps and triggers. Then go back and make your own models for everything.

:? I've already run into a problem on mine: there is no trigger that decreases cliff height for when the Helms deep wall blows up :S

not sure if that helped but hey, what u gonna do :wink:
Bort

check helms deep version real theyuse a doodad as a peace of the wall and when its breached the doodad is removed

just see how they did it...

Status
Not open for further replies.