• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Looking for someone better at terrain than I am

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
My current pet project, Future Ops, is pretty much feature-complete. There's only one problem: I really, really suck at terrain.

http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Maps&ID=1510

Quite a few people have said they really like the gameplay, but my experience with terrain is laughable. If someone would like to help make a better terrain layout, I'd love to hear it.

The map has actually been designed for multiple terrain layouts, even making game modes unavailable if things like the White Flag marker or Outposts aren't set up, so if someone would like to try making an entirely new map layout with the original gameplay, I'd love to hear it. :)

Level 5
Heh, cool
sounds fun, i like to terrain when im in the mood, what tileset do ya want?
how do ya want it set up? be more spicific
want lots od doodads?
trees?
what?
show me the map, e-mail it to me and il thinka something fo you man
[email protected]

Level 2
The map as it is was linked to in the first post. :p

Looking for something small (the current size is 96x96 and it works fine), not a lot of congestion, no trees (they're useless anyway).

2 main entry points per base is good, several routes between bases, creeps to kill, etc.

The current layout of the map is a good example of the (functional) style I'm looking for, but it doesn't look very good and I have no idea how to make a map pretty other than spam doodads non-stop. :p

As for the tileset, some people suggested Cityscape or Dalaran would fit the theme well. I didn't even pick Underground for any particular reason, the current terrain is pretty much just filler.

Level 2
Re: Ok

Modeler said:
Im ok at terrain but nothing worth bragging about.
If youve already picked someone fine, but if you havent contact me in warcraft under Choas-Shaman (westfall). Or of course you could post it..
Okay, sure. I've already said pretty much what I'm looking for, so if you edit it into the existing map, just tell me when you're finished. I've got a number of ways you can send it to me (ICQ, AIM, FTP upload, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.