• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[SD/Modeling] Looking for simple Walls/Towers using specific in-game texture.

Level 8
Hi, I am looking for a simple wall model and tower (corner wall) model using the SD Underground Archway Stone textures (sample image attached). Doesn't need to be special.
Plan is that it's meant to have a charred-look like a fire burned through a city and scorched the walls.
image_2023-10-03_024417943.png

I am currently using the archway (scale 100%) as a placeholder gate, but if you are able to make a better looking gate model for it, I'd be very grateful.

I'm no good with any modelling tools, so I figured I'd ask here.
Big thanks in advance.

Level 8
What kind of height did you have in mind for these walls and towers? Say, compared to the Archway or Stone Wall models?
I have the archway in this image at 100% scale.
Walls should be slightly smaller in height, maybe roughly 95% or 90% scale, depending on which looks better.
Towers should be taller, maybe 110% to 120% scale.

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
You could try these. I wrapped them up quite fast so there might be some extra vertices lurking, but see if they are anything like what you are looking for. I can make adjustments accordingly. Didn't make a gate model yet, but it should not be hard to make once we set these two first.

Attachments

• UndergroundPillar1.mdl
    11.9 KB · Views: 3
  • UndergroundWall1.mdl
    8.4 KB · Views: 3
Level 8
You could try these. I wrapped them up quite fast so there might be some extra vertices lurking, but see if they are anything like what you are looking for. I can make adjustments accordingly. Didn't make a gate model yet, but it should not be hard to make once we set these two first.
Ok I've given them a try in the editor.
image_2023-10-03_173628225.png

The wall in this image is 0.7 scale, and the pillar is 0.8 scale in the editor. These are fine and I can work around scaling fine. The texture on the wall looks a little stretched, but this is the idea I was looking for. Thank you.

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
Made some adjustments according to your size scaling. Also improved the wrapping on the Wall and included a Narrow Wall variant. Added Archway model (not really an arch though) and Gate. The gate has animation for standing open and animation for opening (Death Alternate). The actual Death animation just makes the doors disappear - I need to find a way to select the created vertex groups, but the current tools I have struggled with this.

Attachments

• Underground_Archway.mdx
    11.1 KB · Views: 6
  • Underground_Gate.mdx
    26 KB · Views: 5
  • Underground_Pillar.mdx
    4.8 KB · Views: 7
  • Underground_Wall_Narrow.mdx
    3.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Underground_Wall.mdx
    4.6 KB · Views: 6