• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Look this over please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
The dummy model has the original banish (nuetralhostile) spell. (I modified allowable targets to hero's only). When i test it, it doesnt work. Can someone help please? Most of this works... The only thing that doesnt is casting banish on the triggering unit. :sad:
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Is issued an order with no target
  • Conditions
    • (Issued order) Equal to (Order(immolation))
    • (Unit-type of (Ordered unit)) Equal to Exiled Plainwalker
  • Actions
    • Set Abl_Planealk_uni = (Ordered unit)
    • Unit - Add Planewalk to Abl_Planealk_uni
    • Unit - Create 1 Dummy - Planewalk for (Owner of Abl_Planealk_uni) at (Position of Abl_Planealk_uni) facing Default building facing (270.0) degrees
    • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to (Order(banish)) Abl_Planealk_uni
    • Wait until ((Integer((Mana of Abl_Planealk_uni))) Less than 10), checking every 0.50 seconds
    • Unit - Remove Planewalk from Abl_Planealk_uni

Level 18
You really want to learn the basics of local variables that you can use through the Custom Text function of GUI. Anyway, just using globals for now I'll try to help you out.

For example at

• Unit - Create 1 Dummy - Planewalk for (Owner of Abl_Planealk_uni) at (Position of Abl_Planealk_uni) facing Default building facing (270.0) degrees
(Position of Abl_Planealk_uni) leaks. It would be more efficient and also leakless to create a location variable and do this:

• Set TempLoc = (Position of Abl_Planealk_uni)
  • Unit - Create 1 Dummy - Planewalk for (Owner of Abl_Planealk_uni) at (TempLoc) facing Default building facing (270.0) degrees
  • Custom Script - call RemoveLocation(udg_TempLoc)

Anyway going back to your REAL problem....

ap0calypse is right, I don't think Banish can be cast on friendly units by default. You want to make sure to add "Friend" and Remove "Enemy" from the list of targets for Planewalk.

If that is not the problem, did you check to make sure that Planewalk does not require mana? This is likely the problem. Make all dummy abilities cost 0 mana. If it is not the problem let us know.

I just noticed something else. You are not destroying the dummy unit, which means that he's just going to chill there all game which is not good.

Add a one second expiration timer to the dummy unit right after he is created. This will take care of removing him from the game.

• Custom Script - call UnitApplyTimedLife(bj_lastCreatedUnit(), 'BTLF', 1.00)

If you would like to make this even more efficient and better using LOCAL VARIABLES, give me a private message.

Anyway let us know if the mana cost was the problem. If it wasn't we can figure what else is causing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.