• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Long awaited...Replacement for DotA??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hello my fellow users!
Are you tired from DotA and all who hate it and love it?

Well if you are it's time to do something about it, isn't it?

Tired of tons of Heroes that are all similiar to each other? Want somthing new? :thumbs_up:

Check my map BattleChasers (
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...c8346fb916392867613643a98&dateline=1212484080).
Map is created in order to make some refreshment in AoS. I will gladly accept and suggestions, crytics, idea's. Together we can make an awesome map! :cool:

Hail the Hive, Hail the BattleChasers! :thumbs_up:

ps: version 1.20 of Warcraft III:TFT or higher is required for playing this map

Last edited:
Level 12
Sorry but you cant just pop a map out and say its better or assume millions will join. Youll simply be yelled at by dota minions

Level 36
There is no replacement for DotA. DotA is a professional map-- People get PAID to make it. Icefrog makes MONEY off DotA. Plus, it's a brilliant map if you look at all the effort that's gone into it and the community at the website is almost as good as the Hive's community... but... bigger =P

The only downside for me is that most people who play it on public bnet either leave, ruin the game, or are just assholes.

Level 12
t's a brilliant map if you look at all the effort that's gone into it
Besides the fact its a veyr simple map with stolen non credited spells, models and very basic terrain, overwhelming gaming lists, no room for others, cocky players, asshole players, and a very simple game. Sure its a good map.

Professional? Donating doesn't make it "professional" They would still make them even if they weren't payed

Level 9
There is one custom model in DotA.Tell me an AoS with an uber awesome pwnage terrain.
And all AoS's are simple.
EDIT:And also donations are you fucking insane Blizzard pays Icefrog cuz he keeps The B.Net alive.And every map has asshole's....and now i laugh at your ignorance....

Last edited:
Level 7
Oh well, it's more style than grammar, in your case. And the lack of commas and periods. Also excessive use of words like lulz, coz, pwn, different variations of fuck. But I seriously think that moderators could take care of it. Just look what's NearbyHermit doing with these forums. This guy should get a PERSONAL grammar moderator. And hey, don't tell me it's discrimination, treat it as free English lessons!

Level 13
Returning to the main topic: I personally gave up playing DOTA long ago because:
  1. Games like this are not to be played so massively and continuesly as some are.
  2. It becomes repetitive ingame (Run in, attack, run out, throw a spell, etc)
  3. And the main reason: DOTA has become some kind of religion... If you do something wrong, if they call you "noob" you will be lucky. Sometimes I've seen people calling novice players things that if I was the offended and I was face to face in the street with the offender I would hit him hard in the face... And continue. People should never be rude to others for a game. NEVER.
And DOTA doesn't keep Bnet alive. I play nearly every day and haven't entered a DOTA game since 2005. And I know loads of people who have the same opinion like me.

Level 2
People have the natural right to make whatever the heck they want, thats what world editor is all about, so what if it doesn't come out as "Popular" as dota allstars. big deal, be happy for the time and quality you put into it and share it with friends.

Level 7
Exactly. DotA won't die or be jumped over just like that (look at Microsoft). Footman Frenzy also, both maps are popular due to their past. Some new maps can break through, though. Elimination Tournament was very popular, now it isn't, but that's due to no updates. Castle Fight is the 4th map on Northrend. From bad examples (judging quality) we have Warlock and Island Defence.

Level 8
Hello my fellow users!

Tired of tons of Heroes that are all similiar to each other? Want somthing new? :thumbs_up:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...c8346fb916392867613643a98&dateline=1212484080).
Map is created in order to make some refreshment in AoS. I will gladly accept and suggestions, crytics, idea's. Together we can make an awesome map! :cool:

Self appraisal won't do you any good... And referencing it to Dota is just bad advertisement. It never works... Just take a look at the spawned dota discussion.

Level 13
Besides the fact its a veyr simple map with stolen non credited spells, models and very basic terrain, overwhelming gaming lists, no room for others, cocky players, asshole players, and a very simple game. Sure its a good map.

Professional? Donating doesn't make it "professional" They would still make them even if they weren't payed

What you're saying is 100% truth :)

Ash

Ash

Level 22
Hello my fellow users!

I'd neg rep you if I could.

You've posted in the wrong section, you've advertised, and you've made yourself come over as an absolute jerkoff.

I think you should leave this website in voluntary exile and never return.

Level 2
I'd neg rep you if I could.

You've posted in the wrong section, you've advertised, and you've made yourself come over as an absolute jerkoff.

I think you should leave this website in voluntary exile and never return.

Even if all of the above wasn't true, he misspelled Critic, what he wrote there was a mix of Crysis and Critique :| I'm sorry but your grammar is too stupid for my video card.

Level 13
Terrain can be easily improved... And anyways, Warlock game was made to be an action game, and not to admire a perfect terrain. The lava and the platform are just there to give some sense to the game (keep on the platform and you will be fine, fall into the lava and you are dead ^^)

Level 8
ah because action games don't need good terrain? I'm not asking for eye candy, but a better terrain can open up more strategies.

Level 7
Pedrokhan could recreate Warlock in like, 30 minutes. The map flaws so much I won't list them all. The warlock model maybe looks well with a normal terrain, but on that THING, it looks like shit. Lava doesn't look burning. The skill buying is ridiculous, some acolytes standing, totally dumb and confusing. Also not efficient, why not a second hero under F2 with 2 tabs for spells, where you can go back by clicking quit, like with picking spells for a normal hero?

Idea - good. Execution - bad.

Level 2
well if thats the case...

blobfish.gif

Level 2
its some sort of wierd deepsea level fish...thing, I honestly can't recall, but it does make good for forum spam :D

at the least, 45% more interesting then this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.