• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Long absence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
As an admin, I feel I have neglected (not rejected, well spotted Tavi) my responsabilities lately, and for that, I want to apologize officialy to the whole community. I admit, I had some time, yet I did not have the mental disposition and energy to take care of the site (instead I wrote a tutorial, played a lot of DotA the last two weeks to clear my thoughts, and polished my Scarlet Crusader hero for public download). I may have disappointed some of you in this long period of time (yes... I've seen that VGSatomi does not approve with the way Hive merged with wc3sear.ch and I hope I can help solve any conflicts) and I will do my best to overtake my responsabilities and this time, do my job right.

I've been having (and I still have) a difficult period of time in my life. No, I'm not and haven't been ill (physically speaking), but I have some social and personal problems which are kinda keeping me down. I hope you will understand. Starting today, I will review the icons rules, perhaps establish some spell rules, and when Ralle has the energy (and bandwidth) to put the wc3sear.ch icons (and again, then maybe spells), I will take my time to approve those worthy, and dump those unworthy.

Again, you have my apologizes as there's nothing else I can do for the time lost, and I thank my fellow admins for covering the empty spot I've created during my absence.

-Daelin

Level 15
Good to have you back :) I mean you have no reason to apologize. You are a human being like the rest of us. Problems are in our nature. Some can be hard, some not. But it's important to take some time off sometimes to deal with them.

~Operator

Level 9
It's actually good to have parts in life like THW where you can come and "rest" after a cruel sequence of events in the real life.
Overall - welcome back! Bust the Icons section! Some tutorials would really be great - you usually post some really quality stuff!

Level 11
Not a wise thing to say in mapping community. :smile:

Oh well, I've recently started to analyze it in detail and it has some issues which could use improvement. And you know, after joining a wonderful community, I've seen that they are not so different compared to us. True, they don't know much about modding, but they are nice people who are always open to answering new people's questions. So overall, it was a nice experience that sometimes made me feel better.

Thank you for the warm welcome-back. Time to get back to work now! I'll start with the icon rules (ahh yes, BlackDoom will be really pleased :smile: ).

-Daelin

Level 8
Oh well, I've recently started to analyze it in detail and it has some issues which could use improvement. And you know, after joining a wonderful community, I've seen that they are not so different compared to us. True, they don't know much about modding, but they are nice people who are always open to answering new people's questions. So overall, it was a nice experience that sometimes made me feel better.

Thank you for the warm welcome-back. Time to get back to work now! I'll start with the icon rules (ahh yes, BlackDoom will be really pleased :smile: ).

-Daelin

Did you just call the Dota Elitists "wonderful?"

Welcome back, in any case. (Though I've only known you on TH.)
If you need any help with the Icons, I've got a whole lot of free-time this week. I'd be glad to help with it, if you need it.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Very nice to have you back indeed :) I hope you'll survive
... I've seen that VGSatomi does not approve with the way Hive merged with wc3sear.ch and I hope I can help solve any conflicts) and I will do my best to overtake my responsabilities and this time, do my job right.
-Daelin
I have talked to VGsatomi about what needs to be done and he now approves :)

Level 11
Did you just call the Dota Elitists "wonderful?"

I'm not making publicity to the site but yes, there is an unofficial site with wonderful people. They actually liked some hero and item suggestions I've brought, and seemed to be intrigued by the fact that I am able to mod (make spells mostly).

Good to know that VGSatomi approves now, Ralle. It would've been depressing not to, considering that I firstly suggested this to him (it would've sounded like my fault :sad: ).

Yeah Jacek, I'm serious. Believe me, I used to hate it, but once you have other problems in your life and nothing else to do (and moreover, you're surrounded by people bugging you to try it), you won't hate it that much anymore. :wink:

~Daelin

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I have given up dota and despise all its players after engauging in 3 flamewars, 8 banwars, 27 remakes and being acused for doing something I did not. I only play it now to help friends out but trustme DOTA PLAYERS FLAME LIKE THEY ONLY KNOW ABUSE WORDS.

Please do not take this personally Daelin but I have played with too many "retarded" dota players that im completly anti dota.
Every time I die I get 50 lines of flamming and every time I kill someone in dota I get 100+ lines of flamming (per hero kill) so I am completly fed up with DotA.

The most fun I had in dota was I hosted a "dota - NO FLAMERS" game and endedup having to customkick all 9 other people for flamming inhumane amounts. . .

well anyway, good to see your back but I still dought the jass section will ever receive more than 7 posts a week sadly. . .

Level 36
Yes, I completely agree with the Doctor on the dota users. They are all monsterously horrible people (overall, there are always individuals that are great) and i'm very happy to have you back :) You now have some competition in the world of Hive Forum Templates, as well, because Bob has made his Dwarf theme again, and it has retaken its position as my default theme again :) Show him up and make a better one :D But in seriousness, we all have our problems, and i'm glad that you have taken some time to sort yourself out a bit :) I'm fortunate to not experience such problems, so that I can remain on the forums 24/7, but then i'm not even 1/100th as useful or talented as you are (except, perhaps, for my grasp of the English language) so it doesn't count anyway :p

Status
Not open for further replies.