• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] LoL Spell Bug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hello, i'm creating a new DOTA map, with League Of Legend Champions, and I have a problem with Annie's Disintigrate abillity.

Disintigrate - Annie hurls a mana infused fireball, dealing damage and refunding the mana cost if it destroys the target.

Here's my trigger:
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit begins casting an ability
  • Conditions
    • (Abillity being cast) Equal to Disintigrate
  • Actions
    • Wait until (((Target unit of ability being cast) is dead) Equal to True). checking every 0.10 seconds.
    • Hero - Create Disintigrate mana regen* and give it to (Caster unit)
*Disintigrate mana regen is an item that regens some mana points automaticly when you pick it

The problem is that everytime I cast the abillity the item is created, even if the ennemy is not dead.

Can anyone help me, please?

Level 7
  • Desige WTF is the name MON
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Disingrate
    • Actions
      • Set AnieTheHero = (Casting unit)
      • Set AnieMana = (Integer((Mana of AnieTheHero)))
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Integer((Life of (Target unit of ability being cast)))) Less than or equal to 1
          • (Level of Disingrate for AnieTheHero) Equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Set mana of AnieTheHero to ((Real(AnieMana)) + 10.00)
        • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Level of Disingrate for AnieTheHero) Equal to 2
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Set mana of AnieTheHero to ((Real(AnieMana)) + 20.00)
            • Else - Actions
              • its raw...
Youre prays have bean heard :D

BUMP when i was testing the map my disingrate did 1000000 dmg ... sec il revrite it ( it would give mana back anitime ) u need only when spell kills...
Omg im so strest out MAN i cant check if the unit is dead =.= need 2 triggers but so lazy...if no replay till tomorov il make it.
edit I CANT CHECK if the target unit is dead after the spell hits the target .. ITS so simple >..Yet so hard

Last edited:
Level 7
dude ur bumping 2 much
sorry for not posting for long i was kinda busy :)
  • asd
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Storm Bolt
    • Actions
      • Set castunit = (Triggering unit)
      • Set targetunit = (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Trigger - Turn on zxc <gen>
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: asd works
  • zxc
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Dying unit) Equal to targetunit
    • Actions
      • Wait 0.10 seconds
        • If - Conditions
          • (targetunit is dead) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Set mana of castunit to ((Mana of castunit) + 10.00)
          • Game - Display to (All players) the text: adding mana
          • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
        • Else - Actions
          • Game - Display to (All players) the text: no mana
          • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
just replace thing's that u need :D i give u just idea how to do it AND btw it worked i eaven tested :)
well during those .10 sec if som1 kills the target unit of the mana thingy it will give mana SAME as with anie its buggy there keap it buggy here.
if u want more adv tell me

Level 8
none of the triggers posted actually makes sure that the fireball itself kills the unit.

my suggestion:
1. use the stormbolt ability as a base (as you did already)
2. make it deal 0 damage and have a 0.10 second stun
3. make sure you use a local variable for the target unit - checking for (target unit) every 0.10 seconds won't work because (target unit) variable can change
4. you trigger should check for the target unit (using the local variable) every 0.10 seconds to have whatever buff the fireball gives
5. once it has the buff, check the remaining life of the unit, if it's less than the damage that should be dealt by the fireball, refund the mana and then kill the unit, otherwise, just deal the fireball's damage to that unit

make sense?

Level 7
i didnt play for long but .. at time i played anie casted spell it didnt reach target yet didnt dmg and som mele unit killed the (target unit of the spell) anie got mana back and gold for kill ... mby fixed i dont know i abused the bug with mine team

Level 29
If he's not going for MUI spells, then Waits doesn't really matters, cause only one unit of that type will be there.
Although I mostly create them MUI no matter what... but it's not nesecary when only one unit of that type is there:)

oh Im really sure that he want it MUI coz he's creating like dota and leauge of legends...

Level 10
oh Im really sure that he want it MUI coz he's creating like dota and leauge of legends...

In dota there are only one per hero, but that's not the case of LoL, and that I know. But if he's making LoL DotA style then only one per hero type can be used per game.

But he can choose to set it to maximum 2 of that hero type, meaning one per team, which they do in LoL.
Now I can be wrong though, seeming I only played DotA for like 2-3 games, as I didn't like it. And it could be that dota also uses one per team instead of one per game.

Status
Not open for further replies.