• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Logo Request - MALFURION'S QUEST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31

Malfurion’s Quest

183891-albums3097-picture72749.jpg

I am in need for a logo picture for my upcoming Night Elf Campaign. Even though it is a work in progress, a demo version has been released.

Here are the requirements:

- 512x512 pixels in size
- Icon must be saved in TGA format
- The text "Malfurion's Quest" is required, and is to be centered in the logo
- Logo is preferable to be based on the Warcraft 3 logo
- Themes and artwork used must look and feel like it is Warcraft 3 art
- All themes, borders, and pictures are to resemble the Night Elves, especially in the respect of their bond to nature (eg. Leaves, bark, etc.)
- You are to use Night Elven colors in the logo (purple, green, etc.)
- No pictures of any characters is required

You should find plenty of inspiration for ideas on the Internet (or even WOW). If you can't find any, let me know and I'll give you some pictures.

DUE DATE: 12th September 2013

If you have any concerns, please feel free to ask :)

Last edited:
Level 31
Is this logo alright?

Hmm. I like the borders you've used for the logo. You are also spot on the appropriate colors to use.

However, the shape of the logo itself isn't what I'm after. Perhaps this is my fault for not clarifying this, but I'll update the requirements to reflect this. Also, the text for Malfurion's Quest needs to be wider and be written in Warcraft text.

You are free to have another go if you wish. If you need the Warcraft text, I've included the font file to this thread.

Attachments

• lifecraft.zip
    25.4 KB · Views: 66
Level 31
Here's the other one. I put decors to make it like a Warcraft 3 art. I don't know to crystalize the texts so here you go.

The text definitely looks better. As for crystallizing the text, here is a YouTube video that can help you achieve the effect:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YubpxOhuImo

I can see the logo close to completion. Just edit the following:

- Add the crystal effect to the text
- Replace the orcish border in the background with the night elves nature/leaves border
- Make a 1024x1024 version along with the default 512x512 version

In addition, I would like to see what the logo would look like if the stone texture was replaced with a bark texture. For this version, edit the following:

- Apply the same effects as before (the ones requested above)
- Replace the stone texture with a bark texture
- Surround this bark texture with the night elves nature/leaves border. Make sure that it perfectly aligns with the shadow of the stone, as this will make the border appear more nature-like. Let me know if I have not made myself clear about this point

So in conclusion, just make two different versions for comparison. Sorry if I am asking you to modify this again, but I just want to ensure that the logo design for Malfurion's Quest will be good.

You have done well so far, keep it up :)

Level 31
Here, I made a 1024x1024 and changed the things you said. If it needs improvement just tell me.

Much better :) I think that a bark texture will work better than the stone. I also like how you have incorporated the antlers and additional leaves surrounding the logo.

After reviewing the new version, here is what you can do to improve it:

- See if you can find a better bark texture to use behind the text. At the moment, it looks cartoonish
- Have a go at adding more leaves/nature stuff at the bottom of the logo, just to see if it will make the logo look better
- Remove the nature border surrounding the 512x512 image (not the logo border). Because this change will reveal a lot more blank space, you are also welcome to increase the size of the overall logo in proportion to take up more space. However, you should only do this if you can increase the size of the logo without making it look pixelated (or blurry).

Overall, I would like to see TWO new versions (with regard to the suggestions above): One version WITH the nature border surrounding the log (or orc border that used to be there) behind the actual logo, and one WITHOUT it. This will help me determine which one will look better.

Good work so far, and I look forward to seeing the improved version(s) of the logo :)

Level 31
Here. I only added one because it is the only one very nice for me. The others I created are uglier than the previous ones I think. The 1024x1024 coming soon.

Excellent work! The bark texture is now perfect. What is more, you have improved the nature border around the logo to make it blend more.

In regards to the leaves, did you remove them because you thought that they didn't improve the logo design?

Anyhow, I don't really have that much to say you could improve on. Perhaps one more thing I will suggest is in regards to the nature border used at the bottom of the picture. Would it be possible to also use the same border at the top of the image? This will make more use of the background. If needed, you can always move the actual logo down a bit, or make the top border narrower so it doesn't collide with the logo.
NOTE: if you find that this doesn't work, try to make the actual logo take up more space in the background. You could achieve this by slightly decreasing the width of the logo, while still ensuring that there is at least some space between the border of the logo and the text (let me know if I am not being clear enough).

Providing everything goes as planned, I have only two final requests:

- 512x512: implementing the same basic leaves border used at the bottom of the image at the top
- 1024x1024: this will be the same as the 512x512 picture, only that the black background is to be removed. If need be, save this image as a png file. I intend to use this 1024x1024 version to view on Malfurion's Quest Map Description page.

Keep up the good work, as your task is nearly done :)

Status
Not open for further replies.