• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Locust Swarm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Is there any way to put Locust Swarm last forever without having an ability that is active?
Like, adding a special effect to a unit which makes those little bugs (Locusts) fly around the unit.
I tried using "Special Effect - Create Special Effect On Unit" but when I add Locust "overhead" or just "head", there is only one and it looks kinda awkward haha... He doesn't go around, just flies up and down. Looks really bad.

The thing I want is to make them all go around the unit as if Locust Swarm ability is active.

Level 10
Make a dummy unit with maximum movement speed. and give the the locust ability, make it cast locust swarm and then make it follow the hero you want. Whenever the hero dies and respawns, make a new dummy, make it follow and cast and so on. Make the locust ability last 2000hours+ by hold shift and entering a ridiculous value. EDIT:
Triggering it would be hell so I think you may add Locus Swarm with duration 0.00 (infinite) and removing it immediately after it was casted.
I tested it and the locusts die.

Level 21
Make a dummy unit with maximum movement speed. and give the the locust ability, make it cast locust swarm and then make it follow the hero you want. Whenever the hero dies and respawns, make a new dummy, make it follow and cast and so on. Make the locust ability last 2000hours+ by hold shift and entering a ridiculous value.

But using follow will let the dummy be in a range of 500 range away from the hero. He'd have to modify the gameplay constants like that. Also don't double post :/

Level 10
You also have to make the locust unit have no attacks to make it purely for effect.
He'd have to modify the gameplay constants like that
You will have to modify the follow range like Shadow Fury said. I saved the map I was using to test if u want to look at it.
Also don't double post :/
Sorry :|

Attachments

• LocustSwarmEffect.w3x
    16.9 KB · Views: 50
Level 4
You also have to make the locust unit have no attacks to make it purely for effect. You will have to modify the follow range like Shadow Fury said. I saved the map I was using to test if u want to look at it. Sorry :|

I love you.

It also said you have a newer version of the WE. Mind sharing me the link to that newer version, please?

Yeah, I wanted to do a dummy but I realized it would be too far away because of follow distance but, yeah, what DEE-BOO made is the best solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.